Fallout 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Fallout 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Fallout 3

Postby Yoda » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:20 pm

If you are going to kill a random person then go after the Megaton Sheriff. He has a nice loot in his house. Just make sure you leave Megaton for a while.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:30 pm

Yoda wrote:If you are going to kill a random person then go after the Megaton Sheriff. He has a nice loot in his house. Just make sure you leave Megaton for a while.

I let Mr. Burke kill him for me.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:57 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
Yoda wrote:If you are going to kill a random person then go after the Megaton Sheriff. He has a nice loot in his house. Just make sure you leave Megaton for a while.

I would suggest for you to kill Mr. Burke instead and save Lucas Simms. You can lockpick Simms' place and get some nice stuff there, his kid was home when I went in, but he was just running around scared.

I did some exploring and accidentally met Dad. LOL. I didn't talk to him as I was scared of missing out on some quests.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:29 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:

I would suggest for you to kill Mr. Burke instead and save Lucas Simms. You can lockpick Simms' place and get some nice stuff there, his kid was home when I went in, but he was just running around scared.

I did some exploring and accidentally met Dad. LOL. I didn't talk to him as I was scared of missing out on some quests.

Yeah I wish I had killed Burke, I was just watching them talk and then I thought he was going to the jail and I didn't wanna mess up the story so I didn't kill him. I'm waiting to pick that lock on his house.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:26 pm

I killed all of The Family last night and got Vance's shishkabob. I haven't used it on anyone yet, but it looks quite badass.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:01 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:I killed all of The Family last night and got Vance's shishkabob. I haven't used it on anyone yet, but it looks quite badass.

Yeah I got the two schematics for the shish and found the necessary parts to build it. Great weapon.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:53 pm

Ok...so I just lost my job and now will have a lot of time to devote to this game in the immediate future.

That aside, I haven't really been a "gamer" for any time in the past 10+ years, and despite playing a game or two on occasion my gaming skills have apparently atrophied.

I have never played a game like this, and I can't even get past the first hour of the game. The control scheme confuses me, and I panic.

Any tips for a novice?

O:-)
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:05 pm

Yoda wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:I killed all of The Family last night and got Vance's shishkabob. I haven't used it on anyone yet, but it looks quite badass.

Yeah I got the two schematics for the shish and found the necessary parts to build it. Great weapon.

I still need a lunchbox to make my first weapon, any ideas where one of those might be? I'm pretty sure I had one early in the game but dropped it because I thought it was useless.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:35 pm

pokerplaya wrote:Ok...so I just lost my job and now will have a lot of time to devote to this game in the immediate future.

That aside, I haven't really been a "gamer" for any time in the past 10+ years, and despite playing a game or two on occasion my gaming skills have apparently atrophied.

I have never played a game like this, and I can't even get past the first hour of the game. The control scheme confuses me, and I panic.

Any tips for a novice?

O:-)

Start from the beginning and pay attention. You get used to the controls and you can always pause the game. I still fumble around with the Pipboy but can move around pretty smoothly.

For the first character, I would try to be very good with small guns and sneaking around. You want to build a killing machine who can always strike first while sneaking around (huge attack bonus).

Whenever you are in a battle mode, go into VATS but only when you are close to the enemy. It is also almost pointless to target different body parts without VATS.

Walk around a lot to different towns and buildings, pick up random stuff along the way to sell or use. It's really a fun game but it takes a bit of time to build up your character to the point where it gets really fun.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:38 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
Yoda wrote:

I still need a lunchbox to make my first weapon, any ideas where one of those might be? I'm pretty sure I had one early in the game but dropped it because I thought it was useless.

They are everywhere. Check out Springvalley Elementary. Is the lunchbox for the mines? I rarely use explosives.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games