100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Fallout 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Fallout 3

Postby Yoda » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:40 am

jfg wrote:
Yoda wrote:
jfg wrote:I won't spoil anything but I just finished the game (the main quest at least) and I had to look up online to make sure that was really the ending. Disappointing. The main quest was kind of short and unsatisfying not to mention that when you finish the main quest credits roll and that's it...game's over.

Ending doesn't really matter to me as long as the game itself is fun. I love this game.

I did too, but the ending really, really sucks. I rarely finish games so I did have a great time but it still doesn't take away from the bad ending that leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I was expecting to buy this one, but I'm glad I didn't now. You'll see what I'm talking about once you get there.

Most games have crappy endings IMO. I am planning on finishing with my current character and then create someone completely different with the next one.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:17 am

I think one of my main complaints is that you really have to seek out the side quests which wasn't the case with Oblivion. You could be doing the main quest in Oblivion and find 3-4 things easily in between each chapter of the main quest that occupied a few more hours. When I finished Fallout I was like, wait that's it? Before I finished I would have thought I was about halfway through the main quest and still had time to do some stuff on the side.

But, the main problem is how the game wraps up. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone so I won't say anything, but the flaw isn't how the story ends but the 15-20 minutes leading up to the end... it's not the story (mostly, there is one extremely annoying part in the storyline) that sucks. You'll understand when you get there.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby Yoda » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:50 am

Yeah it is harder to find side missions but they are really fun.

* possible spoiler *

I was just wandering and found the Antagonizer/Mechanist mission. I wound up trying to help the Mechanist and the Antagonizer showed up to kill him. So in the end I killed the Antagonizer and got both their weapons/armor. Pretty fun.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bleach168 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:29 pm

The ending could have been better but overall I'm pretty pleased with the main storyline. It isn't as good as the side quests though.

Good news, even though the game is massive and would take you well over 100 hours to do everything, they are releasing new content starting in January.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/25/three ... n-january/
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 52)

Postby Yoda » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:20 pm

Vault 106... Wow.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:33 am

It was running like crap on my computer and I hated using mouse/keyboard. Luckily I was able to convince Circuit City to let me swap out my PC version for a 360 version. Sure I can't play it at college, but I'm home on winter break in 2 weeks anyway, so I'll really dig in then.

*Possible spoilers

I'm still not very far in the game, I've just been having fun. I'm almost a level 6. I've never really played games like this, but this is awesome. Did anyone else join Burke and blow up Megaton? I did fairly quickly, and now I'm kind of regretting it. I wish I put it off until later. But I did get a ton of caps and a suite. I also didn't realize that I needed to go through the Metro to get to GNR and DC, so I spent a lot of time trying to find another access point. Wound up going to Rivet City and Jefferson Memorial before GNR and doing some side missions.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Yoda » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:19 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:*Possible spoilers

I'm still not very far in the game, I've just been having fun. I'm almost a level 6. I've never really played games like this, but this is awesome. Did anyone else join Burke and blow up Megaton? I did fairly quickly, and now I'm kind of regretting it. I wish I put it off until later. But I did get a ton of caps and a suite. I also didn't realize that I needed to go through the Metro to get to GNR and DC, so I spent a lot of time trying to find another access point. Wound up going to Rivet City and Jefferson Memorial before GNR and doing some side missions.

* SPOILERS *

I did not blow up Megaton. I find the shop very useful there. I will end up blowing it up at some point but I just discovered Rivet City so I will probably do it afterwards. But you need to have a certain level before you can detonate the bomb right? I haven't put any points towards demolition so I'm not even sure if I can blow it up right now.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:36 pm

Yoda wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:*Possible spoilers

* SPOILERS *

I did not blow up Megaton. I find the shop very useful there. I will end up blowing it up at some point but I just discovered Rivet City so I will probably do it afterwards. But you need to have a certain level before you can detonate the bomb right? I haven't put any points towards demolition so I'm not even sure if I can blow it up right now.

*SPOILERS

I blew it up almost immediately, so I don't think there are any level requirements. I was probably level 3 at the highest, and I also added nothing to my explosives skill. I did not initially have the capability to arm the bomb, but I used Mentats and was able to do it. Then you just go meet Burke at the tower and he allows you to detonate it.

Let me suggest detonating it at night, lights off and if applicable, the surround sound turned up. It was awesome. :-]
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby jfg » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:47 pm

I used Megaton way too often as my one stop supply shop and fast travel location. I couldn't imagine playing without it.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby Yoda » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:10 pm

Wow. So I blew up Megaton (saved it before just in case) and I feel like a horrible human being. I fast traveled immediately to the ruins to find Moria Brown all f'd up from radiation. I felt really sick and turned the game off shortly afterwards.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games