Great Fantasy Source - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Great Fantasy Source

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Great Fantasy Source

Postby 2times » Sat May 18, 2002 1:30 am

I don't know how many people here have heard of Under the Knife (UTK) but it's popularity is spreading quickly b/c it is THE premier fantasy injury information newsletter and website (which should be up in a primitive form this weekend for the first time from what i understand) Anyway, i encourage everybody here to sign up for the newsletter as it has been incredibly helpful to me, (often letting me know in advance when guys are going to sit out on a given day, or giving advance warning of a return from the DL, such as Dmitri Young's (not suprising to me b/c of UTK) return wherein he was 1-3 with a bomb. Anyway the address of the site is http://www.willcarroll.com (UndertheKnife.com was unavailable he says) and the newsgroup is a yahoo newsgroup that sends out daily emails that I find QUITE helpful. Anyway, just thought i'd spread the word. Tell me if you guys like what you see from UTK
2times

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Sat May 18, 2002 6:36 am

Thanks - injury info is alwasy hard to find. I'll give it a look when the site goes live.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EugeneStyles » Sat May 18, 2002 12:39 pm

Just wondering... is that *your* site? If so, you don't really need to go with the whole "I found this great site" song and dance. I'm sure Arlo doesn't mind you letting people know about your fantasy site here. If not, then I apologize. O:-)
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby 2times » Sat May 18, 2002 2:20 pm

no it's not my site. i know that's what it sounded like when i wrote the post, but it's not. the reason i had so much "personal" sounding info is b/c the newsletter had all that info in it, in addition to the injury news. i assume the guys' name who runs it is will carroll, mine's reid. more importantly, he's a cub fan and you'll never here me rave about the cubs
2times

Postby EugeneStyles » Sun May 19, 2002 11:52 am

Okay, that's cool. Umm... the website isn't up yet. If you get the newsletter, could you let me know if they said anything about Jose Hernandez? He's been a pretty great SS so far this year, with 9HR from a weak position, and it'd be a shame to bench him for a superficial injury.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby 2times » Mon May 20, 2002 6:50 pm

Game time decision on Hernandez. I know that doesn't help you at all, but this was just one of those times when a definitive answer wasn't available. Sorry man.
2times

Postby EugeneStyles » Mon May 20, 2002 7:34 pm

Yeah, it looks like he might be out for a bit. Too bad, since I've already got him in the lineup for the week. Oh well, it's not the end of the world.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby 2times » Mon May 20, 2002 9:40 pm

damn, sorry things didn't work out for your team. it's a bitch to have dead time like that. i use daily transactions and i'm still pissed when guys miss games. ah well...
2times

Return to Baseball Leftovers