Chris Young and Chris Carpenter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chris Young and Chris Carpenter

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chris Young and Chris Carpenter

Postby shoelessjoetara » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:32 am

After a long period on the DL, these two SP have pitched really good since their return. Do yall think they will continue pitching like this for the remainder of the year? I also picked up Anibal Sanchez hoping he would do the same and through his 1st outing it looks pretty good. What are some thoughts on these 3 starting pitchers?
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chris Young and Chris Carpenter

Postby kweiss » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:53 am

Chris Young - yes I do think so. Carpenter I haven't made up my mind on whether to pick up... I'm a little worried about his inability to go deep into the games hurting his fantasy value.
kweiss
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shoelessjoetara » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:05 am

I don't think that Carpenter will have a problem going deep into games. If they wouldn't have had a rain delay last night , he probably would have pitched another two innings. They will stretch him out and he will be fine hopefully. Actually I am worried more about the other two I listed, Young and Sanchez. I hope that their stuff will allow them to be competitive enough .
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby shoelessjoetara » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:25 pm

Any other thoughts?
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:46 pm

shoelessjoetara wrote:I don't think that Carpenter will have a problem going deep into games. If they wouldn't have had a rain delay last night , he probably would have pitched another two innings. They will stretch him out and he will be fine hopefully. Actually I am worried more about the other two I listed, Young and Sanchez. I hope that their stuff will allow them to be competitive enough .

Why are you more worried about young? He has the best stuff of all 3 of these pitchers :-?
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JimmyBaseball » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:13 pm

shoelessjoetara wrote:After a long period on the DL, these two SP have pitched really good since their return. Do yall think they will continue pitching like this for the remainder of the year? I also picked up Anibal Sanchez hoping he would do the same and through his 1st outing it looks pretty good. What are some thoughts on these 3 starting pitchers?

I personally would like to see the Cardinals continue to keep Carpenter on a tight pitch count. He's gone through a lot and is desperately needed on this team. I'd hate to see him over-do it and show some regression. That said, he looked good last night and shows all signs of returning to the Carpenter STL has known for a few years now. Here's to another Cy Young! well next year ;-)
"When I knocked a guy down, there was no second part to the story."

~Bob Gibson
JimmyBaseball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SignGuy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:17 pm

urbanbreez wrote:
shoelessjoetara wrote:I don't think that Carpenter will have a problem going deep into games. If they wouldn't have had a rain delay last night , he probably would have pitched another two innings. They will stretch him out and he will be fine hopefully. Actually I am worried more about the other two I listed, Young and Sanchez. I hope that their stuff will allow them to be competitive enough .

Why are you more worried about young? He has the best stuff of all 3 of these pitchers :-?

Young does not have better stuff than Chris Carpenter.
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ldmariodl28 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:42 am

I think both will be solid the rest of the season (atleast I hope so). I picked up both of them in 3 of my leagues including my $ league, so I am counting on them.
ldmariodl28
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shoelessjoetara » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:43 am

Are Chris Young and Carpenter must starts every week or do you look at matchups with these two?
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:06 am

i would have young as a must start but carp more of a matchup

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)