Ortiz's wrist... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ortiz's wrist...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ortiz's wrist...

Postby tah161 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:34 pm

I guess his doctors said that would happen on occasion but it was normal.
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:58 am

shappy wrote:this is the biggest joke of a non-story I have seen. When you break your wrist or have surgey it clicks. The cartiledge moves around with the tendons, also scar tissue breaks. I broke my wrist two years ago and was in a cast for 10 weeks, to this day it still clicks.

I think its the mental aspect of it that we need to be concerned with. Papi has said himself that he worries about re-injuring the wrist.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby PavanoAllstars » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:50 pm

yeah... i'm really starting to wonder if he's going to produce for the next two months... Ortiz has to convince himself he's healthy, or at least healthy enough to compete... he was tearing up the minors and the first games he was back... hopefully he'll show up this weekend and show some power... he looked damn good when he first came back, perhaps there's been a physical relapse, but it really sounds like Ortiz is a little screwed up right now and needs to convince himself he can be an elite athlete

the problem is shopping him right now will be selling him low (unless he truly breaks down)... I think us Ortiz owners have to grit our teeth and hope his recent struggles are just normal slumps and nothing more...
For every Brett Myers there's a Nate McLouth...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:38 pm

Nice game tonight for Papi. Hopefully this is a sing of things to come. I think this is exactly what he needed, especially that three run double off a lefty. Two more feet and that's a grand slam ;-D
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:46 am

PavanoAllstars wrote:
zhutou wrote:with his wrist all messed up and manny gone, it looks like a downer of a season for papi.

looks like? it already is... regardless of what he does the rest of the way, he's been a big let down this year, if he continues to struggle this year or, god help me, goes back on the dl for good... where in the heck is he drafted next year? I drafted him in the second round this year and thought I had a bargain, i have NO idea where i'd draft him next year... too many mental and physical issues right now with him, lost his 1b eligibility, another year older... I love the man but I don't think i'll ever have him on my team again (though i'll still root for him as a sox fan. ;-D )

eh not really. if your team is still in contention, the playoffs are the only thing that matters. papi could really help your team in hrs, rbi, runs, and avg (or ops) down the line.

(yea yea, i know roto leagues. but they suck anyway)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates