OH NO! Joba leaves game with shoulder injury! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

OH NO! Joba leaves game with shoulder injury!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: OH NO! Joba leaves game with shoulder injury!

Postby kab21 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:24 pm

coma wrote:Should we expect Joba to be back right after his DL stint? If not, should he be dropped?

Joba shouldn't be dropped unless you have no bench or DL and are in a shallow league. Stash him for now until more is known (like 5-10 days).
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 162)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby coma » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:49 pm

kab21 wrote:
coma wrote:Should we expect Joba to be back right after his DL stint? If not, should he be dropped?

Joba shouldn't be dropped unless you have no bench or DL and are in a shallow league. Stash him for now until more is known (like 5-10 days).

Haha well lucky me, I have Wainwright in my DL spot right now and am in an 8 team league. Joba has been great so far though..
coma
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby thejusman1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:08 pm

Fri, Aug 15 The New York Post's George A. King III reports New York Yankees SP Joba Chamberlain (shoulder) may return to the bullpen when he comes off the disabled list to reduce the strain on his shoulder.

That doesn't sound good at all. If they return Joba to the bullpen, can we safely assume he's no longer fantasy relevant for the rest of the 2008 season?
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ROC AllStars » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:53 pm

That depends on your league format. I'm in a points league where he will have no real value as a setup man. But I'm also in a H2H with holds as a stat category, so he would still be relevant there. Also, he may help your H2H or Roto team by giving you a low ERA and WHIP and more K's than IP.

But ultimately I think the decision to start him or put him in the bullpen will be based on an assessment of the Yankee's playoff hopes. IMO Joba is needed more as a starter than a setup man.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates