Fielder shoves Parra - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fielder shoves Parra

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Fielder shoves Parra

Postby hybrid » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:29 pm

You have to love outside judgements with no clue as to what really went on. ;-D ;-)
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:37 pm

hybrid wrote:You have to love outside judgements with no clue as to what really went on. ;-D ;-)

There's video of it. It's all I need. I don't need some grand analysis or holistic evaluation in order to know what happened was wrong.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:48 pm

Amazinz wrote:
hybrid wrote:You have to love outside judgements with no clue as to what really went on. ;-D ;-)

There's video of it. It's all I need. I don't need some grand analysis or holistic evaluation in order to know what happened was wrong.

Seriously? It's a video of Parra being pushed ... you don't know anything he said or past altercations. Jumping to conclusions has been cause for many bad decisions, I'd like to think people would stop doing that but it's evident most don't. Now I'm not sayng Prince might not totally be at fault or be suspended, but to act on something with out all the information is a poor choice to make.

Ever heard in school or life, that the one pushing back is the one most often caught even if he wasn't the one starting it? Happens when your a kid and happens in sports quite a bit, but in real life you never have to video to proove that type of situation.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Amazinz » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:53 pm

hybrid wrote:Seriously? It's a video of Parra being pushed ... you don't know anything he said or past altercations. Jumping to conclusions has been cause for many bad decisions...

I haven't speculated at all. I have no idea what incited the incident but it doesn't matter. If Parra's words/action were so egregious that they demanded physical assault, Fielder should have had the professional awareness to do it behind closed doors. Bottom line is you do not solve problems as an adult by attacking another person.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:04 pm

Amazinz wrote:I haven't speculated at all. I have no idea what incited the incident but it doesn't matter. If Parra's words/action were so egregious that they demanded physical assault, Fielder should have had the professional awareness to do it behind closed doors. Bottom line is you do not solve problems as an adult by attacking another person.

You said your opinion of him plumeted by this, seems a bit harsh or over reactionary to me. He pushed someone, millions of people have, but that isn't an excuse and I'm not saying physical assault is the answer. People do things in the heat of the moment however, and I personally wouldnt take judgement based on knowing only one side of what occured. Good people sometimes do bad things, it shouldn't make someone think less of them especially when you don't know 99.9% of the persons life.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Amazinz » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:26 pm

hybrid wrote:You said your opinion of him plumeted by this, seems a bit harsh or over reactionary to me.

Fielder is a 24-year old man who is also an ambassador for this sport. I have no respect for an adult who cannot control his impulses and act in a civilized manner. And if you think that's harsh and reactionary fine, we can agree to disagree but that is a far cry from me making an outside judgement with no clue.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby JTWood » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:21 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:
Yoda wrote:Just Prine being Prince.

Or just a team imploding, again.

A Cubs fan calling another team a choke???

God, if that isn't tempting the fates, I don't know what is! :-°
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby JTWood » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:21 pm

Amazinz wrote:
hybrid wrote:You said your opinion of him plumeted by this, seems a bit harsh or over reactionary to me.

Fielder is a 24-year old man who is also an ambassador for this sport. I have no respect for an adult who cannot control his impulses and act in a civilized manner. And if you think that's harsh and reactionary fine, we can agree to disagree but that is a far cry from me making an outside judgement with no clue.

I'm going to agree with Amazinz. Every time I see something like this, that person drops quite a few levels in my book.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby pappymojo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:26 pm

strange to me that fielder is being blamed when the video clearly shows that he was walking away and parra was following him and continuing to bitch about whatever he was bitching about.
pappymojo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Sid Bream's Slide » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:02 pm

this is just frustration from lack of inside-the-park-HRs after the ASB
Sid Bream's Slide
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Matchup Meltdown Survivor