David Price - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

David Price

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: David Price

Postby Yoda » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:53 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Yoda wrote:I am also hearing that Price might be pitching for the Olympic team. Any truth to this rumor?

He is not on the roster

http://www.usabaseball.com/teams/index.jsp?team=940

Anderson and Cahill are though :-L

Good. I wouldn't want him to waste his bullets in exhibition games. Any word on his call up Deeray?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Yoda wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Yoda wrote:I am also hearing that Price might be pitching for the Olympic team. Any truth to this rumor?

He is not on the roster

http://www.usabaseball.com/teams/index.jsp?team=940

Anderson and Cahill are though :-L

Good. I wouldn't want him to waste his bullets in exhibition games. Any word on his call up Deeray?

Nothing new yet.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:46 pm

Tonights Line

5 IP 3 H 4 BB 7 K 0 R 0 ER
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kugino » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:09 am

does acquiring bradford make price's callup less likely? i have a no. 1 WW and we also have rookie keepers in my league so it'd be nice to pick him up now and stash him away for next year.
5x5 12-team league w/5 keepers.
as of 5/02: 2nd place; 5/27: 6th
kugino
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hybrid » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:44 am

No one is "wetting themselves" over Price in any way for the most part. There have been far more prospects in even the last 2 years that the cafe has pimped much more. If you think saying he can be better than Sonny/Edwin is getting to excited, I'm not sure what to tell you. A young talented let arm is very likely to have short term success better than others. Long term sure he could falter and not pitch as effective, but that's long term and doesnt come into play until next year.

Also on the walks comment or Price, 52IP 12BB (before his last start) comes out to 208IP 48BB which is really good. If you want to compare him to Maddux who has HOF control, sure it's not as good but who has Maddux control to begin with besides him ... not many.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby hett2333 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:03 am

hybrid wrote:No one is "wetting themselves" over Price in any way for the most part. There have been far more prospects in even the last 2 years that the cafe has pimped much more. If you think saying he can be better than Sonny/Edwin is getting to excited, I'm not sure what to tell you. A young talented let arm is very likely to have short term success better than others. Long term sure he could falter and not pitch as effective, but that's long term and doesnt come into play until next year.

Also on the walks comment or Price, 52IP 12BB (before his last start) comes out to 208IP 48BB which is really good. If you want to compare him to Maddux who has HOF control, sure it's not as good but who has Maddux control to begin with besides him ... not many.

So are you in the minority who believes he's going to get a crack at the rotation?
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JimmyBaseball » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:09 am

hybrid wrote:No one is "wetting themselves" over Price in any way for the most part. There have been far more prospects in even the last 2 years that the cafe has pimped much more. If you think saying he can be better than Sonny/Edwin is getting to excited, I'm not sure what to tell you. A young talented let arm is very likely to have short term success better than others. Long term sure he could falter and not pitch as effective, but that's long term and doesnt come into play until next year.

Actually, a couple guys had to change their underwear a couple days ago.

Thats quite an impressive amount of walks. Hopefully he matches that in the bigs.
"When I knocked a guy down, there was no second part to the story."

~Bob Gibson
JimmyBaseball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:14 am

hett2333 wrote:

So are you in the minority who believes he's going to get a crack at the rotation?

The only issue I have with Price starting in MLB is the timing of the call up. There are less than 2 months left with a tough schedule. Not sure if he will have ample time to adjust. While I can't imagine he will be any worse than Sonn/EJ, it might not be the ideal situation for him.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:35 am

Yoda wrote:
hett2333 wrote:

The only issue I have with Price starting in MLB is the timing of the call up. There are less than 2 months left with a tough schedule. Not sure if he will have ample time to adjust. While I can't imagine he will be any worse than Sonn/EJ, it might not be the ideal situation for him.

Jackson and Sonny have pitched well recently (Jackson had a nice July, and Sonny has had 2 solid games in row, granted one was against Seattle). I think they will bring him up for the pen, but he could move into a rotation spot if one of Jackson/Sonny start to suck. You are starting to see guys catch up to Balfour's fastball and he doesn't throw anything else, Howell has thrown a lot of innings this season and they are starting to watch his innings, Wheeler has pitched a lot recently and you saw last night it is taking a toll, and Percy has been horrid recently. The pen has been string, but the season is starting to take its toll. I think you will see Price and Niemann up to help bolster the pen for the stretch run.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:40 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Jackson and Sonny have pitched well recently (Jackson had a nice July, and Sonny has had 2 solid games in row, granted one was against Seattle). I think they will bring him up for the pen, but he could move into a rotation spot if one of Jackson/Sonny start to suck. You are starting to see guys catch up to Balfour's fastball and he doesn't throw anything else, Howell has thrown a lot of innings this season and they are starting to watch his innings, Wheeler has pitched a lot recently and you saw last night it is taking a toll, and Percy has been horrid recently. The pen has been string, but the season is starting to take its toll. I think you will see Price and Niemann up to help bolster the pen for the stretch run.

Yep sounds about right. While I would love to see Price in the rotation, I think the pen is where he will end up.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers