September call-ups - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

September call-ups

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

September call-ups

Postby celtics464 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:40 pm

Well i have looked around for ideas on who to grab come Spetember. I have #1 waiver priority in my dynasty league. Who do you all see getting a cup of coffee come call-up time and worth holding onto for next season and beyond?
celtics464
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: September call-ups

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:11 pm

I'd say the top guys to get called up in September will be...

1. David Price
2. Matt Weiters
3. Mat Gamel
4. Andrew McCutchen
5. Carlos Carrasco
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby celtics464 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:23 pm

Do you see Laporta getting a call this year?
celtics464
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:40 pm

celtics464 wrote:Do you see Laporta getting a call this year?

Its possible but I'm not sure the Indians have a reason to do so.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:47 pm

I think Price is the best bet here for a keeper by a wide margin. Grab him, even if you need offensive support. He's valuable enough to net you some great return if you need offensive support, or he can be a future #2/#3 for your rotation, if not a #1.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby celtics464 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:56 pm

Price actually got drafted. Not sure why ESPN made him available but they did. So hes out.
celtics464
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:56 pm

I'm pretty sure (barring injury or a trade) we won't see Weiters. I also don't see Gamel coming up unless someone gets hurt. LaPorta is intriguing, but the Olympics may affect his schedule.

Price is the overwhelming favorite to me. After that I look OF, with McCutchen, Snyder and Rasmus all possibly seeing some time (look at Rasmus first, especially with all the health issues that OF has had). Then either of the Oakland pitchers, Cahill or Anderson, or Chris Tillman, who has pitched his way into elite prospect status.

I have to ask, your dynasty league doesn't allow for minor leaguers to be picked up? I thought that was one of the big selling points of a dynasty, being able to invest in a guy for the long term before he is a star.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:10 pm

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:I'm pretty sure (barring injury or a trade) we won't see Weiters. I also don't see Gamel coming up unless someone gets hurt. LaPorta is intriguing, but the Olympics may affect his schedule.

Price is the overwhelming favorite to me. After that I look OF, with McCutchen, Snyder and Rasmus all possibly seeing some time (look at Rasmus first, especially with all the health issues that OF has had). Then either of the Oakland pitchers, Cahill or Anderson, or Chris Tillman, who has pitched his way into elite prospect status.

I have to ask, your dynasty league doesn't allow for minor leaguers to be picked up? I thought that was one of the big selling points of a dynasty, being able to invest in a guy for the long term before he is a star.

If the Brewers get inline for the division or the wild card I think they'll call up Gamel and add him to the post-season roster. Weiters is destroying the minors so he may force the issue.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:47 am

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:I'm pretty sure (barring injury or a trade) we won't see Weiters. I also don't see Gamel coming up unless someone gets hurt. LaPorta is intriguing, but the Olympics may affect his schedule.

some dynasty leagues dont have minor league systems. most do, but some dont.

save it for price and price only.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby celtics464 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:06 pm

ESPN usually adds guys once they have service time. Some guys get added in from the start, no one has any clue why. Price and Mccutchen both are already owned. Gamel and Laporta, Wieters are unavailable but once they play in a game I can pick them up off waivers. I dont really need any of them but it's nice to add extra depth. I'm just wondering who the more informed people believe will get called up. I'm afraid i might waste my waiver priority on someone and see laporta/Wieters get called up afterwards and miss out on them because i was impatient.
celtics464
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers