another liriano thread, but look at the projections - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

another liriano thread, but look at the projections

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

another liriano thread, but look at the projections

Postby plainyogurt » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:46 pm

Yes liriano did not get off to a great start, Yes AAA batters are not the same as MLB batters, but he has been great down there, and now it is said he will start Sunday. My ERA sucks, and i trading a bunch of pitchers due to the limit(as some may know from previous threads), but I am keeping the guy....The reason I am happy is that I look at his projected starts(if all goes well and no screw up with rotation)

Scheduled on a 5 man rotation, here is what he would face.

Cle, Kc, SEA, Oak, Sea, Oak, Det, KC, CLe, Tb, Kc

I know i am getting way ahead of myself, and any team can drop 10 runs on any opponent, and there is a lot of f's when it comes to looking ahead...I am doing a bad thing and looking ahead to the rest of the season starts...But the outlook is pretty darn good for liriano..

what would you guys say
plainyogurt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: another liriano thread, but look at the projections

Postby kevinss2001 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:14 am

yeah you are looking ahead-not to bad though-I had him on my bench for a month and a half-I just traded him today-i got berkman and gave up connor jackson and liriano-my pitching is stout and my bats cannot hit any hr's

He is an incredible talent
kevinss2001
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ZMonet » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:17 pm

You have to like what we've seen so far:

F. Liriano 6.0 IP 3 H 0 R 0 ER 3 BB 5 K

A little wild and he got his pitch count up, but hopefully he gets the win today. Don't think they're sending him back down. Makes my holding him for a couple weeks worth it -- at least so far.
ZMonet
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby kab21 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:28 pm

ZMonet wrote:You have to like what we've seen so far:

F. Liriano 6.0 IP 3 H 0 R 0 ER 3 BB 5 K

A little wild and he got his pitch count up, but hopefully he gets the win today. Don't think they're sending him back down. Makes my holding him for a couple weeks worth it -- at least so far.

He showed flashes of dominance early, but seemingly got knocked out of his groove with control problems (although the umps didn't help him any). He ended up with 56 strikes and 40 balls. It could have gotten ugly a couple times but he worked out of jams. Overall good news long-term, but he's going to have some shaky outings IMO.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 162)

Postby cubs2238 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:33 pm

I bitched and moaned as much as anyone else about the Twins not recalling "The Franchise" sooner than they did but they may be geniuses! While I'm sure it was totally an accident Liriano's pitching schedule for the rest of the year reads like this:

at KC, vs SEA, vs OAK, at SEA, at OAK, vs DET, vs KC, at CLE, at TB, vs KC

Now correct me if I'm wrong but besides DET and TB offenses, could they have picked a easier schedule for his return, even if by accident? I don't think you'll have to worry about him losing confidence which is a big thing for a returning pitcher after starting in the majors and spending months in the minors. So if they don't skip any starts he could very well dominate besides them cutting his innings as the season goes on. Thoughts?
cubs2238
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates