Question about Xeifrank's draft software - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Question about Xeifrank's draft software

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jbomb » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:09 pm

a great program - it keeps track of everything you need to draft - i sent in a donation as it was worth every penny of what i donated - question - if i download an updated data file, is there anything i need to do to install it. or does it install the new stats automatically - also i noticed an updated set up file - is it necessary to download it as well? thanks for such a nice program for fantasy baseball geeks -
"Slump?" "I'm not in any slump. I just ain't hitting." Yogi Berra
jbomb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby justinA » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:38 pm

Xeifrank, is there a way to create your own league config file and if so how? I am in a 14 team league and all i see is 10, 12, 16 and 20? thanks and great program!
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dugout » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:38 pm

Two thumbs up for the program! ;-D ;-D

My league uses OBP instead of Runs so Xeifrank made a special copy just for me...........all it took was a little donation. ;-7
Dugout
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby justinA » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:41 pm

nvm.. i found it
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dugout » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:46 pm

justinA wrote:Xeifrank, is there a way to create your own league config file and if so how? I am in a 14 team league and all i see is 10, 12, 16 and 20? thanks and great program!

Select tools create new league
enter the number of teams
enter the names of the teams
define your categories and how many players at each position
save your league
open your league
open the hitters 04
open the piitchers 04
run your draft
Dugout
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby xeifrank » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:53 pm

jbomb wrote:a great program - it keeps track of everything you need to draft - i sent in a donation as it was worth every penny of what i donated - question - if i download an updated data file, is there anything i need to do to install it. or does it install the new stats automatically - also i noticed an updated set up file - is it necessary to download it as well? thanks for such a nice program for fantasy baseball geeks -

Thanks for the donation. I upload a new version of the program every time I make a change or modification to the database files. I also upload a zip file with the database files only. You can download either one. I put a date next to the download links so you know how fresh the latest version is. If you are ever unsure of what you need to download feel free to email me directly (mailto:xeifrank@yahoo.com)

Xeifrank, is there a way to create your own league config file and if so how? I am in a 14 team league and all i see is 10, 12, 16 and 20? thanks and great program!

Yes, first off i suggest you read the FAQ at the download site or click the 'Help' tab on the program itself. You can create your own league configuration file Tools->Create League just make sure you save your new league configuration file when you are done. You can make anywhere from 6 to 20 team leagues, I believe max roster size is around 30. You can allow for different number of players at each position, and the valuation/rankings of the players take this into account in it's replacement value algorithm formula.

Good luck,

Xeifrank
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:56 am

Xfrank, great tool. Expect a donation when I get my Paypal account functioning. Now someone asked about entering names of players? Couldn't you just press the Advice button and highlight the player, it then go to draft, press draft and ta da. I plan on using it for my inagural draft.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby xeifrank » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:26 am

Anonymous wrote:Xfrank, great tool. Expect a donation when I get my Paypal account functioning. Now someone asked about entering names of players? Couldn't you just press the Advice button and highlight the player, it then go to draft, press draft and ta da. I plan on using it for my inagural draft.

Yes, i forgot to mention that's already an option too! :)

Click the 'advice' tab, click the player it takes you back to the 'draft' tab and you just hit the button and ta da, he's drafted.

vr,

Xeifrank
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby polyphonic » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:54 am

I downloaded this program, and I have some reservations. It isn't a very realistic mock draft. The computer is working with the same stat sheet you're using, so there's never any bad picks, good picks, and there's really no benefit in taking sleepers. Even when you switch from "Genius" to "Dummy", it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. It's a good system to give you an idea of who you might like to take in each round, but I don't think it resembles real draft conditions very well.
serious as a heart attack
makes me feel this way
polyphonic
College Coach
College Coach

Postby xeifrank » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:01 pm

polyphonic wrote:I downloaded this program, and I have some reservations. It isn't a very realistic mock draft. The computer is working with the same stat sheet you're using, so there's never any bad picks, good picks, and there's really no benefit in taking sleepers. Even when you switch from "Genius" to "Dummy", it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. It's a good system to give you an idea of who you might like to take in each round, but I don't think it resembles real draft conditions very well.

In your case you should switch to the ESPN Rankings when drafting against the computer. In this mode the computer pre-ranks it's players based on the ESPN live draft average rankings. It also works well in a live draft. Besides, if you don't like the projections there is an easy way to modify them to your liking. I write the software not the projections...

vr,

Xeifrank
2004 Draft Software
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor