Thoughts on these prospects? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Thoughts on these prospects?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on these prospects?

Postby NewAtThisGame » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:08 pm

Ok just would like u to rank them and give me some numbers as to what u think they'll achieve.

Maybe just the real impact guys.

And oh yeah when do u expect to see them in the majors

Thxs

Chris Nelson
Carlos Carrasco
Jose Tabata
Anthony Swarzak
Eric Campbell
NewAtThisGame
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thoughts on these prospects?

Postby Amatter32 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:45 am

Chris Nelson never 2010
Carlos Carrasco 2010
Jose Tabata never? 2012
Anthony Swarzak 2009-10
Eric Campbell 2011

I don't think any of these guys will be impact fantasy players, or everday players. Swarzak will be a decent pitcher, but nothing to get excited about, a #4 pitcher. Carrasco is all right, 21 yrs old in AA is pretty good. He isn't an elite pitching prospect, but he is a top 50-75 prospect.
Amatter32
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby stealthdevil » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:17 pm

Carlos Carrasco - Excellent '07 season solidified his rank as top prospect for the Phillies. Low K rate coming into the season, has averaged nearly a K per inning in '08. Viewed as a top of the rotation starter. FB can hit mid 90's w/ extreme late movement. Much improved ChangeUp uses same arm slot and release point as FB, is one of the best in the organization. Curve is improving. Just threw a shut out in his first AAA game.

Jose Tabata - Lots of potential. Has struggled w/ some injuries during his brief pro career. Also has some makeup concerns. Generates some incredible bat speed. Hits for high average. Good Power for a small frame. Decent speed on the base paths w/ some good instincts. Has drawn Manny Ramirez comps, though that was earlier in his career and his prospect status has taken a bit of a hit recently. In the majors I can see him hitting .300 or better on a regular basis w/ 20-30 homers and 15 or so steals.

Anthony Swarzak - (6’3”195) RHP, FB touches 96mph, sits in 91-93mph neighborhood w/ room to increase. Power Curve used as out pitch, has a sharp drop. Excellent Changeup that keeps batters way off balance. Suspended 50 games at the beginning of the ’07 season for a “substance of abuse.” Came on to have an excellent '07 season, but has struggled in '08. Seems like a middle of the rotation pitcher that could have a nice K rate.

Chris Nelson - Not much room at shortstop in Colo. W/ Tulo and Gomez. May be moving to 2B. #9 overall pick in '04. +speed. Good potential in the bat and has shown some power. Having some struggles w/ the jump to AA.

Eric Campbell - Has potential, but is one of those low-effort/questionable desire types that I really just try to ignore.
stealthdevil
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:09 pm

Carrasco and Tabata are the two guys that I would think about. Tabata is only 19 playing in double-A. The thing that worries me about him is the wrist injuries although sometimes it takes a year to get back to normal. No matter what you can't expect much from Tabata for at least 2-3 years and only then would it be fair to project what kind of hitter he might be.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball