Need Help w/Minor League roster spots - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Need Help w/Minor League roster spots - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need Help w/Minor League roster spots - WHIR

Postby tanyon » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:49 pm

6x6 Roto Keeper (Holds & OPS)
We keep 8, 5 hitters
Keepers: Wright, Pujols, Holliday, Phillips, Ichiro, Verlander, Lackey, Harden/Cain

I have the chance to redraft my "rookie" team. It's basically anybody that doesn't have more than 130 AB or 50 IP. If they go over that threshold, they can be carried over one year, but must be activated the next. For example, one owner has not played Longoria yet, so he'll be forced to be activated in 09, and would have to be one of his 8 keepers in 2010. Below are a list of players already taken. Could somebody please give me 2-3 names that may have an impact in the 2009 season. SPs or hitters, the simple best available talent. I know this is long. Thanks for the help!

Brandon Wood
H. Bailey
Josh Fields
Rick Porcello
C. Rasmus
Clay Buchholz
C. Kershaw
JR Towles
M. Pelfrey
Ad. Jones
J. Niemann
M. Garza
E. Longoria
A. Miller
David Price
Matt Wieters
C. Maybin
Ad. Miller
E. Aybar
Travis Snider
M. LaPorta
J. Bruce
Johnny Cueto
Luke Hochevar
Carlos Carrasco
Y. Petit
Ian Stewart
G. Gonzalez
Geovany Soto
tanyon Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need Help w/Minor League roster spots - WHIR

Postby jmlevy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:13 pm

Longoria
Soto
Bruce
Rasmus

Price
Porcello
Maybin
LaPorta
Snider
Adam Miller
Wieters

Honestly, that is one heck of a list to choose from...
Personally, with those keepers(1B, 2B, 3B, OF, OF, SP, SP, SP), I would look to land an OF first pick to replace Ichiro, such as Maybin, Rasmus, Bruce, LaPorta/Snider. Next would be SP, which has to go to Porcello or Price, hands down. Wieters could also be your keeper at C for the next decade if you go that direction. Just decide what position you want to focus on, and go with best available.

please help: viewtopic.php?t=359240
Owner of the Atlanta Braves in Strike Zone Dynasty
jmlevy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Amatter32 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:12 pm

jmlevy wrote:Longoria
Soto
Bruce
Rasmus

Price
Porcello
Maybin
LaPorta
Snider
Adam Miller
Wieters

Personally, with those keepers(1B, 2B, 3B, OF, OF, SP, SP, SP), I would look to land an OF first pick to replace Ichiro, such as Maybin, Rasmus, Bruce, LaPorta/Snider. Next would be SP, which has to go to Porcello or Price, hands down. Wieters could also be your keeper at C for the next decade if you go that direction. Just decide what position you want to focus on, and go with best available.

Those are the players already taken.
Amatter32
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jmlevy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:21 pm

Amatter32 wrote:
jmlevy wrote:Longoria
Soto
Bruce
Rasmus

Price
Porcello
Maybin
LaPorta
Snider
Adam Miller
Wieters

Those are the players already taken.

Ahh, missed that part. I would check out some of the lists that are already out there. It would help if you had a list of the best available, instead of those already taken.

http://www.projectprospect.com/article/ ... spect-list
Owner of the Atlanta Braves in Strike Zone Dynasty
jmlevy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Postby hybrid » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:41 am

Hm why are some listed like Pelfrey/Aybar/Garza/Soto, etc. who are obviously beyond the limits? Anyways if your looking for 2009 impact, well that will be tough since a lot of the top guys are taken. Are you looking for something more year round impact or maybe a call up around the break? In any case I'll try to list a few guys.

Cahill and B. Anderson - Both in AA and both on the A's, since they have been shipping out alost every SP they seemingly own lately there is plenty of room depending on they progress. (personally I like Cahill a bit more)

Volstad - I didn't see him taken, not sure if he will pitch beyond the 50IP limit but getting experience will help him next year.

Neftali Felix - Electric arm, needs more seasoning but I could see the Rangers being aggressive with him (they skipped high A with him this year).

Wade Davis - In AAA could force the Rays hand in the rotation soon or be pushed into a RP role where he could possibly close.

Tilman - Raw and probably shouldn't pitch in the majors, though he probably will. Not so much a guy I think will have a big impact but he is close enough w/ nice upside not to list.

Gamel - Not a big fan but has hit very well in AA, if he can just find a position for the Brewers. He is prolly the best bat that isn't listed to produce next year (if they play him).

McCutchen - Seriously no one owns him? He's struggled a bit after a hot start but he could easily get a look on that Pirates team in ST or a hot first month next year.

Lars Anderson - Going to start getting tougher for hitters, Red Sox 1b prospect so obviously no need to rush him but if injuries come up and he is raking in AA/AAA he could get a look.

Logan Morrison - For the most part not a real well known 1b prospect, but they will change after this season and everyone ranks him highly. Sort of in the same position as Lars, but with Jacobs only blocking him its more likely he could see some time.

Weglarz - Somewhat similiar to the 2 above names, not having the best year but his polished approach and power bat make him interesting player to watch and the Indians could play him in one of the OF/1B/DH roles.

I'm probably forgetting a few names since it's late, but that's a nice list to get you started.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Return to Minor League & College Baseball