Teix to LAA - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teix to LAA

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:03 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:
40 Hrs would also be gone after this season..
Kotchman is 25 years old and has 25-30 home run potential with a 300 BA. Considering he has a great glove and is great in the clubhouse, not to mention a fan favorite; I don't see how this is a bad trade for Teix? Let's not forget, his contract isn't up at the end of the season.


This is a bad trade because Kotchman is batting around .275 for the season, will probably never hit 30 homers, never walks, and likely isn't as valuable as the draft picks the Angels will get for Teix at seasons end. So basically, they upgraded their 1b for two months and then got two picks for a guy that probably wasn't even worth them.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1057
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby jswede » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:09 pm

tinfoilxtouch wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:
40 Hrs would also be gone after this season..
Kotchman is 25 years old and has 25-30 home run potential with a 300 BA. Considering he has a great glove and is great in the clubhouse, not to mention a fan favorite; I don't see how this is a bad trade for Teix? Let's not forget, his contract isn't up at the end of the season.


This is a bad trade because Kotchman is batting around .275 for the season, will probably never hit 30 homers, never walks, and likely isn't as valuable as the draft picks the Angels will get for Teix at seasons end. So basically, they upgraded their 1b for two months and then got two picks for a guy that probably wasn't even worth them.


They wanted pitching and needed a 1B. That's exactly what they got. You're overrating draft picks -- and underrating their need for a 1B NOW. Worked well for Braves.
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 702
Joined: 15 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby activechamp2006 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:12 pm

tinfoilxtouch wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:
40 Hrs would also be gone after this season..
Kotchman is 25 years old and has 25-30 home run potential with a 300 BA. Considering he has a great glove and is great in the clubhouse, not to mention a fan favorite; I don't see how this is a bad trade for Teix? Let's not forget, his contract isn't up at the end of the season.


This is a bad trade because Kotchman is batting around .275 for the season, will probably never hit 30 homers, never walks, and likely isn't as valuable as the draft picks the Angels will get for Teix at seasons end. So basically, they upgraded their 1b for two months and then got two picks for a guy that probably wasn't even worth them.


Please check your facts before you post. Kotchman is hitting nearly .290. (.287 to be exact) Yes Kotchman never walks, but he also never strikes out. He's always putting the ball in play. The Braves were lucky to get a proven commodity for Teix, I'm sure they'd rather have Kotch then draft picks.
Not to mention the Angels will most likely be a front runner in re-signing Teix, I doubt they trade him for picks.
Image
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2388
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:36 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:
Please check your facts before you post. Kotchman is hitting nearly .290. (.287 to be exact) Yes Kotchman never walks, but he also never strikes out. He's always putting the ball in play. The Braves were lucky to get a proven commodity for Teix, I'm sure they'd rather have Kotch then draft picks.
Not to mention the Angels will most likely be a front runner in re-signing Teix, I doubt they trade him for picks.


Sorry I was a whole .012 off on the BA. I didn't want to bother looking up his exact average just to post. Who cares if he never strikes out? That doesn't change the fact his OBP is still .327 this season.

And obviously if you're saying you doubt they trade him for draft picks, you don't understand the FA rules and the fact the Angels will be given draft picks to compensate for Teix if someone else signs him.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1057
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby activechamp2006 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:50 pm

tinfoilxtouch wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:
Please check your facts before you post. Kotchman is hitting nearly .290. (.287 to be exact) Yes Kotchman never walks, but he also never strikes out. He's always putting the ball in play. The Braves were lucky to get a proven commodity for Teix, I'm sure they'd rather have Kotch then draft picks.
Not to mention the Angels will most likely be a front runner in re-signing Teix, I doubt they trade him for picks.


Sorry I was a whole .012 off on the BA. I didn't want to bother looking up his exact average just to post. Who cares if he never strikes out? That doesn't change the fact his OBP is still .327 this season.

And obviously if you're saying you doubt they trade him for draft picks, you don't understand the FA rules and the fact the Angels will be given draft picks to compensate for Teix if someone else signs him.


The point is I believe the Angels will re-sign him. So essentially they arn't going to swap him for draft picks.
Image
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2388
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby jswede » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:50 pm

tinfoilxtouch wrote:and obviously if you're saying you doubt they trade him for draft picks, you don't understand the FA rules and the fact the Angels will be given draft picks to compensate for Teix if someone else signs him.


me thinks you're taking him too literally. at the end of the year, either they sign him or they don't, in which case they get picks. that is a "trade" - one or the other.
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 702
Joined: 15 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby Maris09 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:52 pm

tinfoilxtouch wrote:Sorry I was a whole .012 off on the BA. I didn't want to bother looking up his exact average just to post.

Yeah....it didn't have anything to do with the fact that is sounds a lot better for your argument to say a guy's hitting .275 rather than saying he's hitting .290?

What good are you doing posting if it's misinformation :-°
That's a joke man.

tinfoilxtouch wrote:And obviously if you're saying you doubt they trade him for draft picks, you don't understand the FA rules and the fact the Angels will be given draft picks to compensate for Teix if someone else signs him.

Ummm, from reading his post and your posts.....it's not hard to figure out who it is that doesn't know what they're talking about.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2152
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:01 pm

:-/ Boo :-t
Image
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5200
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ohio

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:08 pm

Maris09 wrote:Yeah....it didn't have anything to do with the fact that is sounds a lot better for your argument to say a guy's hitting .275 rather than saying he's hitting .290?

WTF?
What good are you doing posting if it's misinformation :-°
That's a joke man.

Ummm, from reading his post and your posts.....it's not hard to figure out who it is that doesn't know what they're talking about.


And doesn't it sound better to say he's hitting .290 than to say .287? See, you just got your numbers wrong too.

What are you talking about? The phrasing "it's doubtful they will trade Teix for draft picks" makes it sounds like it's going to be a willing act by the Angels. The truth is that Boras represents him- Boras and the Angels aren't best buddies, and Teix has already said he wants to play on the east coast. I can almost promise you he won't resign.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1057
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:16 pm

I think if Teixeira is successful and the Halos go far in the playoffs then there is definitely a good chance that he will sign up there. Boras has the ability to convince his clients to take the money above all. Halos are one of only a handful of teams that can fork up the big money.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact