Teix to LAA - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teix to LAA

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby nsulham » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:32 pm

Just curious, has Teix been pulled yet? Yahoo shows him still starting but I'm assuming he'll be pulled right?
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:33 pm

My main problem with Kotchman is that he is so brittle.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby activechamp2006 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:33 pm

acsguitar wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:
tinfoilxtouch wrote:I don't get why people like Kotchman. Is a .775 OPS and ~20 HR really what you want from your 1b?

I still believe the smoke and mirrors the Angels are winning with will come crashing down. Rotation build around inexperienced pitchers who have never thrown full seasons plus playoffs, and a run diff that's not nearly what teams in the AL East have.


He has one of the better gloves in the game and brings a LOT of heart to a team. Kotch has without a doubt been one of the fan favorites here in Halo town.



Jamey Carrol has tons of heart and is loved by his teammates. However, he's no Tex


Carrol is also 34 years old and has been a platoon player his entire seven year career.
Image
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2388
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:37 pm

nsulham wrote:Just curious, has Teix been pulled yet? Yahoo shows him still starting but I'm assuming he'll be pulled right?


Here's the lineup:
LF Blanco, Gregor 1 24 .262
SS Escobar, Yunel 6 39 .284
CF Kotsay, Mark 4 28 .290
1B Norton, Greg 3 16 .215
3B Infante, Omar 2 15 .293
2B Johnson, Kelly 9 43 .264
RF Francoeur, Jeff 9 45 .232
C Miller, Corky 1 3 .102
P Campillo, Jorge (5-4, 2.78)

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=ajc&page=mlb/scores/live/lineup.aspx?gameid=22292
Image
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1681
Joined: 9 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:38 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:
Carrol is also 34 years old and has been a platoon player his entire seven year career.


I'm just saying "heart" doesn't sell tickets as well as 40 HR's does.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby Maris09 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:38 pm

StarsNPinstripes wrote:
nsulham wrote:Just curious, has Teix been pulled yet? Yahoo shows him still starting but I'm assuming he'll be pulled right?


Here's the lineup:
LF Blanco, Gregor 1 24 .262
SS Escobar, Yunel 6 39 .284
CF Kotsay, Mark 4 28 .290
1B Norton, Greg 3 16 .215
3B Infante, Omar 2 15 .293
2B Johnson, Kelly 9 43 .264
RF Francoeur, Jeff 9 45 .232
C Miller, Corky 1 3 .102
P Campillo, Jorge (5-4, 2.78)

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=ajc&page=mlb/scores/live/lineup.aspx?gameid=22292

Ugly....

Just took the Cardinals at +108 and the Under 9 X-I
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2152
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:39 pm

Maris09 wrote:
StarsNPinstripes wrote:
nsulham wrote:Just curious, has Teix been pulled yet? Yahoo shows him still starting but I'm assuming he'll be pulled right?


Here's the lineup:
LF Blanco, Gregor 1 24 .262
SS Escobar, Yunel 6 39 .284
CF Kotsay, Mark 4 28 .290
1B Norton, Greg 3 16 .215
3B Infante, Omar 2 15 .293
2B Johnson, Kelly 9 43 .264
RF Francoeur, Jeff 9 45 .232
C Miller, Corky 1 3 .102
P Campillo, Jorge (5-4, 2.78)

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=ajc&page=mlb/scores/live/lineup.aspx?gameid=22292

Ugly....

Just took the Cardinals at +108 and the Under 9 X-I



Wow thats a brutal lineup. I wish I had a booky!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby nsulham » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:44 pm

That's their lineup and Frenchy is still only hitting 7th? Damn.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby activechamp2006 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:45 pm

acsguitar wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:
Carrol is also 34 years old and has been a platoon player his entire seven year career.


I'm just saying "heart" doesn't sell tickets as well as 40 HR's does.


40 Hrs would also be gone after this season..
Kotchman is 25 years old and has 25-30 home run potential with a 300 BA. Considering he has a great glove and is great in the clubhouse, not to mention a fan favorite; I don't see how this is a bad trade for Teix? Let's not forget, his contract isn't up at the end of the season.
Image
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2388
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tex traded to the Angels for Kotchman +

Postby jlm53089 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:50 pm

acsguitar wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
yea I've never been a huge kotchman fan either. seems that the Angels always come up with failures once their Minor Leaguers hit the pro's.


Remember the Dalas McPherson hype train?


Yep exactly. And Howie "Injured always" Kendrick


And Brandon Wood, is performing incredibly well so far this year.
Image
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3058
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tampa, praying for a new stadium.

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apz and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Sep. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact