Adam LaRoche - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Adam LaRoche

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Adam LaRoche

Postby haymarket » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:44 am

He left yesterdays game with back spasms. Anybody have any updates for those of us with weekly lineups?
haymarket
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Adam LaRoche

Postby homer233 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:57 pm

any news? is it wrong to take no news as good news? the pirates don't even mention him on their web site.
homer233
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rocky123 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:48 pm

Great, and I just dropped Figgins for him. As per Sportsline:

News: The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Pirates 1B Adam A. LaRoche is out of the lineup for Monday's series opener with the Rockies as he continues to deal with the strained ribcage he sustained in Sunday's loss to the Padres.

What I like even less than the fact that he's out is that they are not calling t back spasms but a strained ribcage.
Finally The Rock has come back....to New York City!!
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby frankhoward » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:51 pm

Strained ribcage isn't good, if that's true there's cartilage damage that causes incredible pain when you move.
frankhoward
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wildbill » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:39 pm

Well they haven't DL'd him so at this point they aren't expecting him to miss a lot of time right now. That could change, but think happy thoughts for now for a quick return. :-)
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rocky123 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:29 pm

wildbill wrote:Well they haven't DL'd him so at this point they aren't expecting him to miss a lot of time right now. That could change, but think happy thoughts for now for a quick return. :-)

No more happy thoughts :~(
I dropped Figgins for him leaving me with $3 for transactions for the rest of the year specifically because sources were reporting back spasms not a strained ribcage :-P
Per Rotoworld:
Adam LaRoche (strained rib cage) is expected to be put on the disabled list Tuesday.
He came out of Sundays game with back spasms, and was unable to rotate his upper body on Monday. It's a tough break for LaRoche, who was hitting .390/.472/.805 this month with seven homers and 18 RBI. The team will call up Brian Bixler to replace him on the roster. Doug Mientkiewicz will likely take over at first, resulting in additional playing time for Jose Bautista at third.
Finally The Rock has come back....to New York City!!
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby redjake » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:30 pm

Rotoworld:
Adam Laroche (right intercostal strain) said Friday that his injury might not be as serious as originally thought.

At one point it was thought that LaRoche's injury could be season-ending, but apparently that's not the case. Still, it's not a great a sign he'll be ready to return when first eligible.

This is the first I've heard anything about it being potentially season-ending. In fact, Rotoworld's last update stated that, "He should be back shortly after he's eligible".

And, can anyone interpret that last sentence for me? Thanks.
redjake
College Coach
College Coach

Postby felixthecat011 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:21 am

redjake wrote:Rotoworld:
Adam Laroche (right intercostal strain) said Friday that his injury might not be as serious as originally thought.

At one point it was thought that LaRoche's injury could be season-ending, but apparently that's not the case. Still, it's not a great a sign he'll be ready to return when first eligible.

This is the first I've heard anything about it being potentially season-ending. In fact, Rotoworld's last update stated that, "He should be back shortly after he's eligible".

And, can anyone interpret that last sentence for me? Thanks.

I think it's a typo - should be "it's not a great sign that he won't be ready to return when first eligible". I've heard the same, so let's hope it's nothing serious.
felixthecat011
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby RASportsnut » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:40 pm

From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

• First baseman Adam LaRoche did his first running since his rib muscle was injured eight days ago and could begin swinging a bat Wednesday.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08217/901649-63.stm
10 Team H2H Pts Dynasty
Arencibia,Hosmer,Kinsler,Tulo,Bruce,Stubbs,Rasmus,Morrison,Beckham,McGehee,Lind,Lawrie,Zimm (DL),Belt (DL)Trout (ML)

F.Hernandez,Kershaw,Gallardo,Latos,B.Anderson,Scherzer,Marcum,Romero,Bumgarner,Matusz,JZimm,Madson,Matt Moore
RASportsnut
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bwanna » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:01 am

Chris @ thedisabledinformer.com wrote:Adam LaRoche is targeting a return sometime this week, and likely will not need a long rehab assignment (2-3 games) in his recovery from a lower back/intercostal strain. Said LaRoche, "I feel great, and I felt great hitting [Saturday] and again today. I’ll play a couple of games and be back. To me, I see it as a step back to playing. I just want to make sure it feels good to hit live." Looks like it is all systems go for those who look to activate and start LaRoche. He loves the second half, so enjoy the ride and start him with confidence.
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates