Conor Jackson breakout? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Conor Jackson breakout?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Conor Jackson breakout?

Postby freeling_prideful » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:31 pm

Uh, can anyone get this guy out?

Over his last 4 games he's 10 out of 16, with 2 HR. And today's he's 3 for 3 with another homer, which means that he has only made 6 outs since Monday.

He's long been known as a great contact and doubles hitter with limited HR power, but now he's up to 12 for the season and looks to be in line for a very promising second half. He walks more than he strikes out, consistently puts up a 20% line drive rate (for the last three seasons), and puts the ball in the air with decent frequency.

Jackson seems like a hitter as good as or better than Kevin Youkilis, who's much better known since he plays for the Sox.
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Conor Jackson breakout?

Postby Rollotommasi » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:56 pm

freeling_prideful wrote:Uh, can anyone get this guy out?

Over his last 4 games he's 10 out of 16, with 2 HR. And today's he's 3 for 3 with another homer, which means that he has only made 6 outs since Monday.

He's long been known as a great contact and doubles hitter with limited HR power, but now he's up to 12 for the season and looks to be in line for a very promising second half. He walks more than he strikes out, consistently puts up a 20% line drive rate (for the last three seasons), and puts the ball in the air with decent frequency.

Jackson seems like a hitter as good as or better than Kevin Youkilis, who's much better known since he plays for the Sox.

funny because he was stinking badly between May 1st and the ASB
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jswede » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:05 pm

I traded him away early May.

May: 1 hr; 10 rbi
June: 1 hr; 5 rbi

July pre ASB: 1 hr; 6 rbi
July post ASB: 3 hr; 8rbi

So, yes, that is one heckuva couple games.... not quite a break out.
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jdsun1 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:49 pm

Savvy owners picked him up in April. Dude was a top prospect and his minor league numbers are sick. A low K rate and developing power in the heart of a solid order and I'm not surprised at this breakout season. I think his recent tear is making up for lost time after the big slump he went on. I wouldn't compare him to Youk because CoJack has a higher ceiling in his prime. Although for this year their stats might be similar this year.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers