Sign a Petition to move A-Rod to SS! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sign a Petition to move A-Rod to SS!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sign a Petition to move A-Rod to SS!

Postby schoenke » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:27 pm

We're trying to get the Yankees to make the right move and help the fantasy community who owns Yankee pitchers:

http://www.rotowire.com/baseball/features/petition.htm
http://www.rotowire.com
schoenke
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby L0rdB23 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:38 pm

this is retarded.. dont u guys realize it would be even WORSE if u guys moved jeter to third.. arod is a better athlete and will definately be able to handle the transition to third smoothly.. if jeter is comfortable at short u must leave him there or else he has a shot to really hurt u guys by playing third with his arm not nearly as strong as arods
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Spartans Rule » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:44 pm

LOL @ fans telling professionals how to do their jobs.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby twentysix » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:47 pm

along the same idea, shouldn't you're best 3B play 3B. It makes sense to me to ask the superior of the 2 fielders to transition to a new position. if you're saying Jeter's no good at SS, then you'd have to assume he'd be God-awful if he had to learn an entirely new position. Especially a position that's supposedly harder to play than the one he already plays. If you were a pitcher, would you rather have 2 good fielders behind you or one great one and one bad one?

The numbers for Jeter are bad, you can't argue numbers. However, have you seen Jeter play? Do you ever see him botch plays he should make? Hardly ever. Do you ever see him sail a ball over the head of the 1B or into the dugout? Hardly ever. Do you ever see him go to his right, out to the outfield grass, backhand a grounder, jump, spin, and fire a strike to beat the runner at 1st? All the time.

Bottom line, Yankee pitchers are MUCH better off now in the field then they would be with Enrique Wilson, Jeter, and Soriano behind them.
Yanks in '08!
twentysix
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Captain Jack Sparrow » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:47 pm

i'm sorry, but you can't do that. I already have a-rod in three (that's right) leagues and have him penciled in for 3B as soon as he's eligible.

the draft randomizer gods love me this year :-)
Captain Jack Sparrow
College Coach
College Coach

Postby twentysix » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:48 pm

that's funny, LordB23 beat me to it.

the point's still the same.
Yanks in '08!
twentysix
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fire-Rescue-Diver » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:50 pm

I am sure the Yankees front office will listen to this joke of a petition signed by the likes of..well...just click the link and see yourself...
Fire-Rescue-Diver
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby L0rdB23 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:53 pm

twentysix wrote:that's funny, LordB23 beat me to it.

the point's still the same.

atleast other people realize this.. too bad its not the yankee fans.. the worsdt part of this article was the fact that it said hurts our fantasy .. FANTASY.. pitchers.. fantasy is just for fun.. basebaill is a real live sport that people get paid to play .. people need to wake up and realize how selfish and blinded and stupid they can be.. me living in ny, i hear this talk all the time and i often wonder if yankee fans stop for a second to think or listen before they go on and argue something pointless about their team.. that if they thought about would realize it would hurt their "Fantasy "pitchers more then help
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mr.Cocky! » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:58 pm

Jeter has the most secure spot on the Yankees roster. You would be better off having a petition on A-Rod taking Giambi's 1B spot, or Sheffield's OF spot.
The best there is, was, or ever will be, it's me!
Mr.Cocky!
College Coach
College Coach

Jeter/ARod

Postby CPL » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:08 pm

The argument that making ARod switch positions because he's a better fielder doesn't really make sense because Jeter isn't merely a bad fielder - he actually has good hands and a good arm. It's his range that's horrible. So there's no reason to think he couldn't play third. He's dedicated, and he's smart.

Arod is a gold glove shortstop - this argument is such a slam dunk, it's ridiculous.

CPL
CPL

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers