UT/DH/5th OF types - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

UT/DH/5th OF types

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

UT/DH/5th OF types

Postby Fire-Rescue-Diver » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:58 pm

I am looking at taking one of the following guys as a filler / spare OF type in a 5x5 league. (not keeper) Want to get decent HR/SB totals in case I need him to fill in occasionally. Just curious what the forums brain trust has for thoughts.

Thanks guys...

Luis Matos (numbers in weaker lineup with 107games makes me think better lineup and more games could make him .300-15-70-25?)
Raul Mondesi (still stuck at .260-22-90-20 in PNC?)
Juan Encarnacion (less power in Chavez Ravine?)
Kenny Lofton (loses time when Bernie comes back?)
Steve Finley(eventually he has to fall apart like Mr. Potato-Head after one of those acrobatic catchs?)
Jose Cruz Jr. (will Lou will let him steal?, is the Trop better for hitting then SF?)
Fire-Rescue-Diver
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Spartans Rule » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:12 pm

Here's my projections and thoughts on these players (AVG/HR/R/RBI/SB):

Raul Mondesi - .258/24/75/75/15 - probably the safest bet for what you're looking for, although I don't like the average and he could stop running.

Kenny Lofton - .276/10/90/45/20 - I'm not sure he'll play every day, and even if he does, last year was a bit of a spike and age is a concern. He's good for a ton of runs no matter what, but I wouldn't be confident about the rest.

Juan Encarnacion - .264/18/70/80/15 - Can't see a move from the championship Marlins to Chavez Ravine being a good thing.

Luis Matos - .287/15/70/45/15 - Lots of upside but plate discipline concerns me. The Orioles have a great deal of OF depth so a sophomore slump could send him to the bench for a spell.

Steve Finley - .280/18/70/60/12 - Can't go anywhere but down, and even if he maintains his production he's still at the same level as the rest of his the bunch.

Jose Cruz - .257/20/80/70/10 - Just can't see him matching 2001 ever again. 5/13 steals last year has to make you temper expectations about his running.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers