Where do you draft Josh Hamilton next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where do you draft Josh Hamilton next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where do you draft Josh Hamilton next year?

Postby Rman3911 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:25 am

In a non keeper league, barrring he keeps up this pace (knock on wood as an owner) where would you take him in the draft next year?
Rman3911
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 96
Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where do you draft Josh Hamilton next year?

Postby ataraxia » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am

Second round, could make a case for first.
Image
Absolute thanks to soty for the sig.
ataraxia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 461
Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where do you draft Josh Hamilton next year?

Postby ataraxia » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:36 am

Actually, probably straight up first round. This is assuming he finished with .305 38 HR 101 R 163 RBI 11 SB, all of which he is on pace for as of today.
Image
Absolute thanks to soty for the sig.
ataraxia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 461
Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where do you draft Josh Hamilton next year?

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:36 am

I think you have to wait until the second round. Same reason nobody drafted Braun first round this year... one year just isn't a large enough sample size, and you have to account for the fact pitchers are going to start watching film and adjusting.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1057
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where do you draft Josh Hamilton next year?

Postby Rman3911 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:39 am

tinfoilxtouch wrote:I think you have to wait until the second round. Same reason nobody drafted Braun first round this year... one year just isn't a large enough sample size, and you have to account for the fact pitchers are going to start watching film and adjusting.

Don't you think by now they HAVE been watching film and adjusting? Couple this that he was in fact the first overall pick before his debacle, is he really the truth that we are seeing? I'm sure everybody has seen his hype before his downfall, as he was supposed to be a HUGE timer. It's going to be very interesting.
Rman3911
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 96
Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where do you draft Josh Hamilton next year?

Postby Yoda » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:00 am

If he avoids injuries this year then I would definitely draft him in the first round. He has the talent, track record, lineup and park on his side.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Where do you draft Josh Hamilton next year?

Postby freeling_prideful » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:08 am

I tend to dislike the idea of drafting outfielders in the first round unless they provide both speed and power, as the position is so deep. That being said, Hamilton and Grady are both making strong cases for first-round consideration this season. Hamilton will probably finish around .300, with 35 HR and 150 RBIs to go with that. His outstanding all-around contributions make him a consideration for anyone picking around the turn, though I still think the top 6 slots should be reserved for shortstops and the elite guys with longer track records (A-Rod, Pujols, Wright, Utley).
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 495
Joined: 5 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where do you draft Josh Hamilton next year?

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:28 am

Rman3911 wrote:Don't you think by now they HAVE been watching film and adjusting? Couple this that he was in fact the first overall pick before his debacle, is he really the truth that we are seeing? I'm sure everybody has seen his hype before his downfall, as he was supposed to be a HUGE timer. It's going to be very interesting.


Sure, and you can see he isn't nearly as hot as he was the first half of the season. Still very soild, but not tearing up the league like he was before the break. His main value to this point has been his RBI numbers, which you can never count on year to year.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1057
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where do you draft Josh Hamilton next year?

Postby Rman3911 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:31 am

tinfoilxtouch wrote:
Rman3911 wrote:Don't you think by now they HAVE been watching film and adjusting? Couple this that he was in fact the first overall pick before his debacle, is he really the truth that we are seeing? I'm sure everybody has seen his hype before his downfall, as he was supposed to be a HUGE timer. It's going to be very interesting.


Sure, and you can see he isn't nearly as hot as he was the first half of the season. Still very soild, but not tearing up the league like he was before the break. His main value to this point has been his RBI numbers, which you can never count on year to year.

I disagree, he's been pretty much unsstopable since the break. He barely played the few days after the break, but this week he's been VERY hot. If the Rangers keep the same lineup, who's to say he can't replicate what he's been doing this year? The whole lineup is a run scoring machine.
Rman3911
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 96
Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where do you draft Josh Hamilton next year?

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:33 am

i dont. ill let someone else.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact