100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Casey Blake to the Dodgers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Casey Blake to the Dodgers

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:43 pm

Old_Style wrote:
OneLoveBoomer wrote:
tinfoilxtouch wrote:It's cute the Dodgers think 1) they are actually a contending team and 2) Casey Blake is the answer to their lack of hitting, pitching, and fielding.

Shows what you know about Casey Blake. If I were startiing a team from scratch, I'd base it around him as my centerpiece.

You're crazy...

I would too, in the Baseball Boss game that is. Even Damion Easley can hit 3 HR's in a 5-game series on Baseball Boss.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 662)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jswede » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:29 pm

tinfoilxtouch wrote:It's cute the Dodgers think 1) they are actually a contending team and 2) Casey Blake is the answer to their lack of hitting, pitching, and fielding.

He's the new LAD leader in rbi and HR. Right up there in runs, obp and avg as well. Nice arm from the OF or 3rd.
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DbacksRback » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:06 pm

I have him on my one team and hes been very good all year. I havnt been looking for a replacement all year hes been very productive ;-D

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby freeling_prideful » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:03 pm

DbacksRback wrote:I have him on my one team and hes been very good all year. I havnt been looking for a replacement all year hes been very productive ;-D

Uh, did you not check your team at all during the first two months of the season?

April - .215/.311/.354

May - .234/.314/.377
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:03 am

freeling_prideful wrote:
DbacksRback wrote:I have him on my one team and hes been very good all year. I havnt been looking for a replacement all year hes been very productive ;-D

Uh, did you not check your team at all during the first two months of the season?

April - .215/.311/.354

May - .234/.314/.377

Those are his "while asleep" splits. Check his "while awake" splits and you'll see what's really up with Casey Blake. He'll probably go for another 25HR this season.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:32 am

LaRoche takes another step towards becoming an Oakland A. :-L
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:03 pm

jswede wrote:

He's the new LAD leader in rbi and HR. Right up there in runs, obp and avg as well. Nice arm from the OF or 3rd.

1) Read that over again and you'll understand why the Dodgers should realize they are not going to win the division, and even if they did, would get crushed by any team they face in the playoffs. When Casey Blake leads your lineup in power, you're in trouble.

2) He is an awful fielder.

3) This just blocks Andy LaRoche. Why don't they just trade him for someone they'll actually start?

4) The two guys they traded away were actually doing really, really well in the minor leagues.

5) Colletti should be fired. Out of a cannon.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sblinyy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:14 pm

Blake for MVP!

I think this is a decent trade for the dodgers. Blake is a very solid hitter with some pop, which they need.

Thanks to abrage22 for the sweet sig!
sblinyy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:17 pm

tinfoilxtouch wrote:1) Read that over again and you'll understand why the Dodgers should realize they are not going to win the division, and even if they did, would get crushed by any team they face in the playoffs. When Casey Blake leads your lineup in power, you're in trouble.

Meh, I'd say it's a crapshoot in the playoffs but you're right, the Dodgers will go winless if they make the playoffs. It's a formality.

tinfoilxtouch wrote:2) He is an awful fielder.

Can't argue with that. DeWitt is the best CI the Dodgers have defensively but unfortunately, the Dodger management thinks he needs more offensive polish. Kind of weird considering he's held his own for the most part.

tinfoilxtouch wrote:3) This just blocks Andy LaRoche. Why don't they just trade him for someone they'll actually start?

Because Dodger management is an impatient lot. I'd hate to see Laroche snubbed like he has the last couple of years but the Dodgers should take the same approach with him as Kemp in trying to build his sample size of AB in the bigs and develop that plate discipline (he has eventually at every step). The silver lining is the Dodgers kept him. Now, it would be a different story if they refused to deal him in a package for a true impact player.

tinfoilxtouch wrote:4) The two guys they traded away were actually doing really, really well in the minor leagues.

The Dodgers will lose Meloan the most but with Russell Martin foreseeably the catcher in the long run, there's not much room for Carlos Santana.

tinfoilxtouch wrote:5) Colletti should be fired. Out of a cannon.

McCourt should sack himself. Colletti sucks but the Dodgers need a new owner, anyone but McCourt.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 662)

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:52 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:McCourt should sack himself. Colletti sucks but the Dodgers need a new owner, anyone but McCourt.

I just think it's so sad they canned Depodesta because of pressure from the moron talk show hosts out here in LA. He actually had the franchise headed in a solid direction. Now, you have Colletti out here and everyone is satisfied because he hired Torre and they are "near the top of the division" even though they are god awful.

I liked the Dodgers when Depodesta looked like he was running a club that know something about baseball. Now it just sickens me to watch how poorly things are run, and how much denial the entire front office and most of the fan base are in.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers