Nady & Marte traded - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nady & Marte traded

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Nady & Marte traded

Postby nateb » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:52 pm

I think it's fair to assume Nady will be the everyday LF for the Yanks. Probably a good thing for my team in regards to Nady. Bad for me in regards to Marte.
nateb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MinorityAuthority » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:20 pm

Yoda wrote:
stumpak wrote:The reputation the Pirates are acquiring is interesting. The cry all summer about how they want multiple elite prospects for Nady, Bay or Marte, and then they dump both Marte and Nady for a package that is highlighted by a very questionable guy like Tabata. They did the same thing 2 years ago when they moved Perez.

Frankly, I am surprised that they could not get a little bit more. Given Marte's impending option, I understand trading him, but why move Nady for pennies on the dollar when you have him another year? I would have tried to end this season on a high note (close to .500) by keepiong Nady. They always coudl have traded him next year. I know McCutcheon is in the wings, but just move Nady to 1B and move LaRoche.

Not as bad as the Rauch trade, but far from good for the Pirates and great for the Yankees.

I think LaRoche is better than Nady.

I hope you're not basing that on his 30 HR season. LaRoche is only good after June. He's like Ryan Howard, minus any amount of big-time power. He strikes out with his dumb looking long swing all the time. He's over paid. Arbitration should take money away from him. Even with Mike Gonzales never playing, the Braves got the better of that trade. At least Nady was clutch, when he wasn't banged up.

It's such a shame. If you put together 2007's pitching & 2008's hitting, the Pirates would be an average or even an above-average team. Plus, I wish that Ronny Paulino didn't crap out so we could trade him too. That smiley no-defense, no-offense bum.
Please help me out...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=133433
MinorityAuthority
College Coach
College Coach

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:48 pm

This really seems like a decent deal from both sides. One could argue that maybe the Pirates should have gotten one more mediocre prospect back, but Ohlendorf could be great if he developed a second pitch, McCuthcen could be a middle-of-the-rotation guy with his good control. Tabata's pretty good, and Karstens is probably AAAA. Not a terrible haul for the Pirates, and better than the draft picks they could've gotten for both these guys.... Yanks, meanwhile, can spare all these prospects. Losing Tabats hurts, but is worth Nady/Marte....
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ataraxia » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:00 pm

acsguitar wrote:Nice: The pirates are one of a few teams I pay Zero attention to. Didn't he start slow?

He started off producing like a 10th rounder, and his RBI's still slightly lower than I've hoped for. The problem was that he's mostly hit his extra base hits when runners weren't on base, so that's hampered the number a bit. Otherwise, he's been fairly "consistent' (relative to Jason Bay of past) throughout.
Absolute thanks to soty for the sig.
ataraxia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Millcity_Maniac » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:27 pm

I had this under player updates:
Jul 26 ESPN reports New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi said newly acquired OF Xavier Nady will start Saturday, July 26, against the Boston Red Sox.

But acording to my stat tracker he didnt play. Hes got all dashes...Anyone know if he will definately be starting tomorrow? I could've started Markakis today had I known he wasn't gonna start.
Millcity_Maniac
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kab21 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:41 pm

Millcity_Maniac wrote:I had this under player updates:
Jul 26 ESPN reports New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi said newly acquired OF Xavier Nady will start Saturday, July 26, against the Boston Red Sox.

But acording to my stat tracker he didnt play. Hes got all dashes...Anyone know if he will definately be starting tomorrow? I could've started Markakis today had I known he wasn't gonna start.

Nady played today. 0-3 BB, R, CS

But start markakis over him anyway. He's better.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 159)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:00 pm

Nady has a career .760 OPS vs. righties. Regression in his overall numbers is coming.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Millcity_Maniac » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:12 pm

Thanks for the help guys. Nady had just homered before he was traded so I was hoping his bat was gonna stay hot...Wonder why my stat tracker wasn't showing his totals. :-S
Millcity_Maniac
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers