Yahoo not updating? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo not updating?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo not updating?

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:00 pm

re: updates
They are grinding along. Some leagues are probably updated now.

re: free agents
Definitely related. Some leagues define waiver priority based on standings, so leagues get updated before player transactions get processed

re: getting bounced over to My Yahoo for no obvious reason
There is a bug filed on that already. Sorry for the inconvenience; too much to do. It'll get fixed eventually.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 52)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:15 pm

All three of my leagues are fully updated. Great work Genie. ;-D ;-D
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby BeanTown » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:28 am

As of this AM my league is still not updated. From reading some of these posts it looks like this would've been all set yesterday. Is Yahoo still working on updating some leagues or is this an issue in my league? Genie, hopefully you can provide an update today, the Burnett owner in my league keeps asking me about this. Thanks.
BeanTown
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chris8 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:30 am

For information, my H2H league is entirely updated EXCEPT for the stats from the suspended game which was completed on Thursday. The AJ Burnett owner in my league is equally anxious to get the win for this week. I've e-mailed Yahoo about it, so hopefully they will get it resolved today.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 109)

Postby BeanTown » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:44 am

chris8 wrote:For information, my H2H league is entirely updated EXCEPT for the stats from the suspended game which was completed on Thursday. The AJ Burnett owner in my league is equally anxious to get the win for this week. I've e-mailed Yahoo about it, so hopefully they will get it resolved today.

Thanks Chris8. Keep us updated if you hear anything.
BeanTown
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Motown Blues » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:53 am

chris8 wrote:For information, my H2H league is entirely updated EXCEPT for the stats from the suspended game which was completed on Thursday. The AJ Burnett owner in my league is equally anxious to get the win for this week. I've e-mailed Yahoo about it, so hopefully they will get it resolved today.

This issue was posted in another thread and if I understand this correctly, the Burnett owner will not be getting that win...if it's Yahoo, that is:

If a game is suspended, all player stats still count in all fantasy leagues. Any additional stats earned when play resumes later in the season will be applied retroactively in Rotisserie & Points leagues only; Head-to-Head matchups will already be final (unless resumed play is completed by the end of the following week), so normally these stats won't count. Retroactive stats count for the team who owned the player on the day the game was originally suspended, and will show up on roster and Stat Corrections pages for that day. If the player has changed fantasy teams, the new owner will neither collect stats nor be charged with a game-played for the resumed game.
Motown Blues
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BeanTown » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:57 am

Motown Blues wrote:
This issue was posted in another thread and if I understand this correctly, the Burnett owner will not be getting that win...if it's Yahoo, that is:

If a game is suspended, all player stats still count in all fantasy leagues. Any additional stats earned when play resumes later in the season will be applied retroactively in Rotisserie & Points leagues only; Head-to-Head matchups will already be final (unless resumed play is completed by the end of the following week), so normally these stats won't count. Retroactive stats count for the team who owned the player on the day the game was originally suspended, and will show up on roster and Stat Corrections pages for that day. If the player has changed fantasy teams, the new owner will neither collect stats nor be charged with a game-played for the resumed game.

In that case now I'm really confused. There are people on this thread that said their leagues were updated and I assume that means Burnett got the win. Genie didn't say anything about Burnett not getting the win in Yahoo.

For those of you that said your leagues have been updated did Burnett get the win?
BeanTown
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Motown Blues » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:02 am

Hmmm...In my h2h league, Burnett's weekly stat line, that is officially counted toward his team's totals is: 0 W / 7 K / 1.80 ERA. He has been updated for all the stats, except wins. Now I am now confused as well. :-L
Motown Blues
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BeanTown » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:10 am

The way I see it is this.

Burnett was 10-9 before the start and according to every stat service out there he is now 11-9 and clearly got the win this week. Regardless of any Yahoo fantasy rules he should be credited with the win. Yahoo receives all it's stats from an outside stat provider (if I undestand correctly). I'm not sure if it's MLB.com or some other major provider but the bottom line is Burnett is 11-9 on the season. He can't be 10-9 in Yahoo fantasy baseball. It just doesn't make sense, I'm guessing there is still some updating going on but I'd like to get some confirmation.
BeanTown
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jackie hayes » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:48 am

Motown Blues wrote:This issue was posted in another thread and if I understand this correctly, the Burnett owner will not be getting that win...if it's Yahoo, that is:

Really? The exception, "unless resumed play is completed by the end of the following week", seems to apply here, since the resumed play was completed the next day, well before "the end of the following week".
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 77)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers