Will the Yankees make the playoffs? Yes...or No? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will the Yankees make the playoffs? Yes...or No?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will the Yankees make the playoffs? Yes or no.

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes : 58

Re: Will the Yankees make the playoffs? Yes...or No?

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:57 pm

bigken117 wrote:Well...you said that Bonds discussion had been going on for a full page before you posted about it...yet you were the first to bring him up on the first page of the thread...so, yeah the two are kind of slightly related.

The long Bonds discussion that I added on to had absolutely nothing to do with my orginal post 5 pages before. So no, they aren't related at all.

Bringing up my original post didn't refute this question, and that was my point: "You do realize that the topic of Bonds was being discussed for over a full page before I even posted about it, right?"
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:26 am

mweir145 wrote:
bigken117 wrote:Well...you said that Bonds discussion had been going on for a full page before you posted about it...yet you were the first to bring him up on the first page of the thread...so, yeah the two are kind of slightly related.

The long Bonds discussion that I added on to had absolutely nothing to do with my orginal post, 5 pages before. So no, they aren't related at all. Bringing up my original post didn't refute anything.

Let's try and refocus again...

You said
You do realize that the topic of Bonds was being discussed for over a full page before I even posted about it, right?

But you said on Page 1, 3 pages before any other Bonds talk
Yes, especially if they sign Bonds.

How is that not posting about "it" when the "it" in question is Bonds?

Just because your post wasn't quoted for a discussion doesn't mean you didn't try and start one. It was the very first thing you said when you opened this topic.

Truthfully I could care less and I'm supposed to take the high road now so I'm not going to beat my head against the table anymore. Good luck.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Zito is God » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:45 am

bigken117 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

The long Bonds discussion that I added on to had absolutely nothing to do with my orginal post, 5 pages before. So no, they aren't related at all. Bringing up my original post didn't refute anything.

You said
You do realize that the topic of Bonds was being discussed for over a full page before I even posted about it, right?

Just because your post wasn't quoted for a discussion doesn't mean you didn't try and start one. It was the very first thing you said when you opened this topic.

Truthfully I could care less and I'm supposed to take the high road now so I'm not going to beat my head against the table anymore. Good luck.

I'd say well done to bigken, but his 5 HR day is killing my fantasy team today so I am pissed off at him and thus will just abandon his side, as right as he is.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:52 am

bigken117 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

You said

The "it" I was referring to wasn't the original post on the first page. I felt it was unfair that I was being singled out for something that many other people took part in, so I pointed it out. But you already knew that, and felt the need to refute something that wasn't necessary.

I didn't try and start any discussion. I merely gave an opinion. Whether people end up discussing that is not up to me.

And yet you've gone back and forth with me on this for almost an hour. It seems to me that you care just a bit. :-b

For some reason, according to you, there's something wrong with mentioning Bonds (a guy that was rumoured to be heading to the Yankees these last few days) in a Yankees playoff thread. Is that what you have issue with?

There's a whole page and a half of discussion about it, and I'm being singled out for my agenda? Give me a break. Just because you and many others here have an illogical hate for Bonds doesn't mean I can be barred from discussing it and defending myself in a relevant thread. So sorry to disappoint you there.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:03 am

IBTL IBTL! X-I

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:17 am

Snakes Gould wrote:IBTL IBTL! X-I

There's no point in a little bit of hate for Barry Bonds shutting down a perfectly good thread. But you may be right.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby yanks924 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:42 am

Obviously your a Barry Bonds fan so lets just leave it at that.

Back to the yankees, they are doing this without Posada/Matsui/Wang, didn't have A-rod for a few weeks earlier this year, Jeter was out for a little bit earlier this year, Damon was on the DL, Hughes and Kennedy have been busts pretty much, and Joba moving into the rotation and with all that they are still right up there and thats pretty impressive.
yanks924
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mweir145 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:50 am

yanks924 wrote:Obviously your a Barry Bonds fan so lets just leave it at that.

You didn't exactly give me an answer, but fine.

Back to the yankees, they are doing this without Posada/Matsui/Wang, didn't have A-rod for a few weeks earlier this year, Jeter was out for a little bit earlier this year, Damon was on the DL, Hughes and Kennedy have been busts pretty much, and Joba moving into the rotation and with all that they are still right up there and thats pretty impressive.

I am a little bit surprised they are this close at this stage already, but with ARod and Giambi they've been scoring enough runs, and Mussina, Pettitte, and Joba have all pitched well. The bullpen hasn't been the weakness it was in the past, either. I see no reason why New York won't make the playoffs again.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers