Will the Yankees make the playoffs? Yes...or No? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will the Yankees make the playoffs? Yes...or No?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will the Yankees make the playoffs? Yes or no.

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes : 58

Re: Will the Yankees make the playoffs? Yes...or No?

Postby yanks924 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:42 pm

Team chemistry is a part of the game. Barry Bonds ruins that he is an absolute cancer in a locker room as you have seen over the years. The yankees have enough going on with A-rod in their club house they don't need Bonds there too. He is still a good hitter and would help a team but you can't blame any team for not bringing that distraction onto their team. Also Bonds has always been "the guy". In new york he would not be "the guy" with A-rod and Jeter there. You would have to wonder how he would handle that if he was put in that situation too.
yanks924
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:45 pm

yanks924 wrote:Team chemistry is a part of the game. Barry Bonds ruins that he is an absolute cancer in a locker room as you have seen over the years.

No, I haven't seen this over the years. Could you explain what you're talking about?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:04 pm

Oh, I dont know. The fight with Kent....blaming his teammate Mark Sweeney....having a pre-madonna attitude that is well documented in Game of Shadows....the list goes on and on and on ;-D

But who cares. He will not sign with the Yanks and this thread is about the Yanks. Let's try to refocus. We know your agenda with Bonds. It is getting quite old.

On to other news not related to mweir and Bonds....The Yanks are looking mighty impressive in this series so far. Great pitching coupled with timely hits. They are completely dominating the Sox right now. Have to give them a lot of credit. This should be one of the more interesting races down the stretch. ;-D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:29 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Oh, I dont know. The fight with Kent....blaming his teammate Mark Sweeney....having a pre-madonna attitude that is well documented in Game of Shadows....the list goes on and on and on ;-D

Nothing needs to be said about Jeff Kent and his clubhouse presence. Anybody remember Milton Bradley's comments about that guy?

If I'm not mistaken, the whole Mark Sweeney thing was a New York Daily News report. That's some credibility there. Bonds apologized within the day about the distraction that caused Sweeney.

Most of his teammates that have been interviewed like him as a teammate, so I'm not sure how this list goes on and on. It's just an idea that the mainstream media won't let go of.

Let's try to refocus. We know your agenda with Bonds. It is getting quite old.

You do realize that the topic of Bonds was being discussed for over a full page before I even posted about it, right?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:45 pm

mweir145 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Oh, I dont know. The fight with Kent....blaming his teammate Mark Sweeney....having a pre-madonna attitude that is well documented in Game of Shadows....the list goes on and on and on ;-D

Nothing needs to be said about Jeff Kent and his clubhouse presence. Anybody remember Milton Bradley's comments about that guy?

If I'm not mistaken, the whole Mark Sweeney thing was a New York Daily News report. That's some credibility there. Bonds apologized within the day about the distraction that caused Sweeney.

Most of his teammates that have been interviewed like him as a teammate, so I'm not sure how this list goes on and on. It's just an idea that the mainstream media won't let go of.

You do realize that the topic of Bonds was being discussed for over a full page before I even posted about it, right?

;-D to everything you said.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 57)

Postby bigken117 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:48 pm

mweir145 wrote:

You brought him up in the 5th post of this thread...
mweir145 wrote:Yes, especially if they sign Bonds. But if they don't, they probably will anyway.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:04 pm

bigken117 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

mweir145 wrote:Yes, especially if they sign Bonds. But if they don't, they probably will anyway.

So you're saying what I said was incorrect? I only continued a discussion that was ongoing. The fact that I posted that on the first page has nothing to do with anything, especially considering Bonds has been connected to New York in recent days.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:25 pm

Despite reports that the Yankees were discussing the possibility of signing Barry Bonds, Brian Cashman hints that Bonds is not in the plans for the Bombers.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:30 pm

Despite reports that the Yankees were discussing the possibility of signing Barry Bonds.

Exactly why I posted what I did on the first page, thanks for clarifying the situation Rockets. I still think it's pretty stupid to trade prospects for a lesser hitter, though.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby bigken117 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:41 pm

mweir145 wrote:
bigken117 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

So you're saying what I said was incorrect? I only continued a discussion that was ongoing. The fact that I posted that on the first page has nothing to do with anything, especially considering Bonds has been connected to New York in recent days.

Well...you said that Bonds discussion had been going on for a full page before you posted about it...yet you were the first to bring him up on the first page of the thread...so, yeah the two are kind of slightly related.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers