Better Fantasy Career: Kemp Vs Gordon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Better Fantasy Career: Kemp Vs Gordon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Better Fantasy Career: Kemp Vs Gordon

Postby Montana » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:50 pm

Aight, let's change this up a bit.........with the small sample size we've gotten for each player, what do you expect to see from each of them, over the next 3 years?

Can Kemp be the 30/30 100/100 290. player every thought he could be?.........Will Gordon get anywhere near close to the lofty expectations everyone had for him at the start of last season? can he still become a 30-35HR guy with 100/100?
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ataraxia » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:54 pm

I think that'd be their peak at this point, not something they do year-in, year-out.
Absolute thanks to soty for the sig.
ataraxia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby activechamp2006 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:23 am

ataraxia wrote:I think that'd be their peak at this point, not something they do year-in, year-out.

Kemp may very well reach 20-30+ in his first full season. so to consider 30-30 his peak i'd have to disagree.
As for Gordon he has been nothing more then mediocre this season. I don't think he will begin to shine until the entire KC offense picks it up.
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ataraxia » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:42 am

activechamp2006 wrote:
ataraxia wrote:I think that'd be their peak at this point, not something they do year-in, year-out.

Kemp may very well reach 20-30+ in his first full season. so to consider 30-30 his peak i'd have to disagree.
As for Gordon he has been nothing more then mediocre this season. I don't think he will begin to shine until the entire KC offense picks it up.

I just don't believe he will develop that much power to consistently produce 30HR. Not many players do.
Absolute thanks to soty for the sig.
ataraxia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby freeling_prideful » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:51 pm

Gordon is beginning to look like a AAAA sort of player. The fact that the team never gave him time above AA before bringing him to the majors now seems like a very unwise decision. He clearly needed more time on the farm to learn how to lay off of bad breaking balls and improve his strikeout rate. As it stands, he's flailing away in the majors and I have a hard time believing that he will ever hit for an average better than .280.

He's not THAT young either, only 11 months younger than Miguel Cabrera. Next year will be his age-25 season, so he does have 3 years until he hits his theoretical peak around 27/28. But it's hard to project him strongly going forward, as his speed seems to be going downhill while his power isn't developing.
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:06 pm

ataraxia wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:

I just don't believe he will develop that much power to consistently produce 30HR. Not many players do.

I think Kemp is capable of developing 30 HR power. He has good frame and a rather smooth power stroke but the main concentration for him is developing as a good hitter while power should be a secondary thing given that he has the pure upside of a 30 HR hitter. Whether or not he becomes a 30 HR slugger, a 30-30 man, or a 20-30+ type of hitter is somewhat moot just because Kemp possesses the tools to become a 5-cat contributor.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers