How tall are you? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

How tall are you?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How tall are you, to the nearest whole inch?

<5'1"
No votes
5'1" to 5'4"
No votes
5'5" to 5'8"
18%
5'9" to 6'0"
44%
6'1" to 6'4"
35%
>6'4"
3%

Total votes : 72

Re: How tall are you?

Postby Old_Style » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:28 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:im 6'1.

my thinking was that most of us have some sort of athletic background, which would cause our interest in fantasy baseball and sports in general. the kids who dont like sports, are generally the small kids who get picked on and then turn to magic cards or pokemon or something.

when i went to the dmv, they told me to put my height on there. they didnt even double check. i could have put 6'10, which would have been sweet.

There was nothing wrong with a little Magic: The Gathering back in the day. ;-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:35 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:my thinking was that most of us have some sort of athletic background, which would cause our interest in fantasy baseball and sports in general. the kids who dont like sports, are generally the small kids who get picked on and then turn to magic cards or pokemon or something.

That's really generalizing it. I've known computer science majors who were the stereotypical full-fledged geeks (who weren't interested in sports at all) but averaged about 6' 2", 6' 3", and I've known a couple who were 6' 5". In fact, a lot of comp sci classmates were no smaller than 5' 9" which was really the exception and she was the hot girl (there's always one in a geeky major like comp sci).

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby fezzik » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:48 pm

AussieDodger wrote:6'1 :-?

fezzik wrote:
Oh man I hate short people...I'm glad most of you guys are tall...they can't be trusted, similar to people in masks.

Yeah they're shifty. If I had kids I wouldn't let a short person be around them.

But that's why kids can't be trusted either... ;-7

Except maybe those afflicted with gigantism. :-?
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby bleach168 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:30 pm

Old_Style wrote:

my thinking was that most of us have some sort of athletic background, which would cause our interest in fantasy baseball and sports in general. the kids who dont like sports, are generally the small kids who get picked on and then turn to magic cards or pokemon or something.

when i went to the dmv, they told me to put my height on there. they didnt even double check. i could have put 6'10, which would have been sweet.

6' here and played magic back in the day. ;-D
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:02 pm

bleach168 wrote:
Old_Style wrote:

Everybody liked Pokemon back when I was 10/11, it didn't matter if you were an athlete or not. Such a huge fad.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby KCollins1304 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:28 pm

mweir145 wrote:
bleach168 wrote:
Old_Style wrote:

Everybody liked Pokemon back when I was 10/11, it didn't matter if you were an athlete or not. Such a huge fad.[/quote]

I dabbled in Pokemon too when it first came out, the cards and the gameboy game.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:52 pm

Awesome game. I got 150 pokemon in Blue (never Mew, though). It started to suck in future versions when they added like 100 more.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:03 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:my thinking was that most of us have some sort of athletic background, which would cause our interest in fantasy baseball and sports in general. the kids who dont like sports, are generally the small kids who get picked on and then turn to magic cards or pokemon or something.

That's really generalizing it. I've known computer science majors who were the stereotypical full-fledged geeks (who weren't interested in sports at all) but averaged about 6' 2", 6' 3", and I've known a couple who were 6' 5". In fact, a lot of comp sci classmates were no smaller than 5' 9" which was really the exception and she was the hot girl (there's always one in a geeky major like comp sci).

of course im generalizing is there any other way ? :-D

i guess fantasy sports isnt the "coolest" thing to do, so of course some of us geeks played magic or pokemon (not me though, i was too busy getting chicks ;-) ;-D )

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Inukchuk » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:03 pm

I was nervous looking through all the heights, hoping no one would be shorter than me...

5' 4", baby! Woo!

My mom's 5'1" and my dad was 5 on the nose.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:18 pm

Inukchuk wrote:I was nervous looking through all the heights, hoping no one would be shorter than me...

5' 4", baby! Woo!

My mom's 5'1" and my dad was 5 on the nose.

How tall is the mailman?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk