Closers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Closers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Closers

Postby nakdtroll » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:27 pm

I'm in a deep league and my bullpen situation on my team is a wreck (Wood, CJ Wilson, Morrow, had Corpas). I just picked up a few guys that might help in saves in a few weeks. First guy I picked up was R. Soriano, the initial closer for Atlanta. I was wondering if anyone knows what's going on with that situation. Soriano just got off the DL. Another guy I picked up was Taylor Buchholz. I heard rumors that Fuentes was to be trades so I figured he would be first in line for the saves. The last guy I'm looking at is Jim Johnson on Baltimore. I haven't done anything with him yet, but if Sherril gets the boot I figure him to be called upon first. Threw out these names wondering if anyone has an insight to any of these situations.
nakdtroll
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Closers

Postby rib217 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:13 pm

Closers thread in Baseball Leftovers has plenty of information on current closer situations and who the likely replacements are. Check it out

Mike Gonzalez looks to be the closer in Atlanta even with Soriano coming back, its Gonzalez job to lose at this point.

Manny Corpas is looking like he will be the first to get a shot at closing if/when Fuentes gets traded.

Sherrill may end up staying put. If he does get traded my guess is Jim Johnson gets the first crack at saves.
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates