WORST TEAM ERA - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cafe Games Talk

WORST TEAM ERA

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WORST TEAM ERA

Postby poundsman » Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:15 pm

Which club posted its worst franchise ERA since 1997 in 2001?
When my time on earth has passed, I hope the bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my ass.
-Bob Knight-
poundsman
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jwhands » Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:20 pm

texas?
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rubberbandan » Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:28 pm

the col. Rockies
rubberbandan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DieHardCubbie » Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:34 pm

Since the rest of your questions have been about the Braves i'm gonna guess the Braves ;-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby goody1313 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:11 am

The Devil Rays
goody1313
College Coach
College Coach

Postby poundsman » Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:47 pm

nope ill give a hint its in the national league
When my time on earth has passed, I hope the bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my ass.
-Bob Knight-
poundsman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rubberbandan » Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:47 pm

Brewers
rubberbandan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Zoob » Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:55 am

:-# Ummm...the Padres?
I'm hoping that the mod is gonna delete these questions and answers all found at http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/sports/braves/trivia/
I'm basically stuck just asking questions because the scoring is all messed up now.
I will wait for the mods call on all this but will probably just wander off to another baseball trivia forum. :-[
[color=blue]Coors Field [u]#1[/u][/color]
Zoob
College Coach
College Coach

Postby menyak » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:11 am

Ok, here's what the referees say...

Please don't use questions from other trivia sites for this quiz. Not only does it involve a possible copyright issue that might get our site into trouble, but there is also the obvious possibility that someone will know and/or discover the source and snatch a handful of easy points.

Speaking of easy points, we would also like to remind you that the trivia quiz is a guessing game rather than a searching exercise. Although we can't prevent anybody from looking up the answers on Google, we are sure that it's not the method to get the most fun out of these questions. You can also keep this in mind when posting new questions - if you post a question you didn't find on the net, you will also reduce the likelyhood that anybody else will find it there.

Last but not least, please remember that this quiz is only a game. If there's a problem, just let us know and we'll try to get it fixed as quickly as possible - no need for any hard feelings. ;-)

Thanks to both poundsman and Zoob for this incident, we hope that the result will be an improved trivia quiz here at the Cafe. ;-D

This is just a short note, Arlo will work this into the official rules later today.

PS. As the answers to these questions basically have already been given by the thread Zoob has posted, we've decided to move them to the Games Talk section. If you didn't follow his link, please feel free to guess, although no runs will be awarded for the correct answers. We'd be very grateful if poundsman could confirm any correct answers.
"Never argue with an idiot. People won't know who's who."
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby metsfan1969 » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:09 pm

Wow, don't log on for a day and miss alot. Menyak is right. Trivia questions should come from other sources than other trivia boards. I would actually like to give our members credit for thinking up questions or researching them rather than plagiarizing them from another board.

I would also like to stress that as mod of the trivia board I will address any problems when I become aware of them and hope that no hard feelings arise from the fact that I may not log on for a day or so.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and thanks menyak for handling the call.
Well Look who has come to the cafe, It's Mr. Met!
metsfan1969

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Cafe Games Talk