Can someone help me with a draft question? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Can someone help me with a draft question?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can someone help me with a draft question?

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:22 pm

16 team draft in the 9th rd (4 keepers). So far I have drafted 3 OFs, a SS, 2 SPs and a CL. My question is should I take Durham in this round or should I wait until later rounds and pick up a Kennedy, Loretta, Mora, Polanco later? Instead, I could take another SP (W Williams, Russ Ortiz, R Harden, D Willis), a 1B (Klesko, Johnson), a 3B (Hinske, Koskie, Mueller, Crede) or a C (Hernandez, Wilson, Lecroy, Mauer). I know I listed a lot here but im not sure what direction I should go from here. Also, where will Mauer likely go? Is he going to produce this year? Thanks alot.
JRM4833
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby demoflauchy » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:29 pm

I'd take Ortiz or Williams with your pick.
demoflauchy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KolbSaves » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:29 pm

I think you can wait and get Durham later, I'm not a big fan. Polanco is a pretty good option too. Willis would be my pick here. Mauer will go pretty late. The rest of the people you listed are later round picks in my opinion.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:45 pm

This is why you shouldn't draft all your OF's right off the bat. Now you're stuck with mediocre 2B and 3B. But you should wait till later with 2B, Durham is pretty bad.

Hinske isn't a bad choice, but who else is available? I didn't see much talent for only being in the 9th, even for a 16 team league.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:29 pm

Well OFs were left on the board early so I used my 2 first picks on them and one OF fell to the 8th rd that I thought would be gone well before. Plus people have been drafting alot different from what I expected so at times Ive been forced to take the best available player rather than a need. At this point though there isnt much left for OF and Im pretty happy with who I have (although Kearns is still out there so I could have waited and grabbed him). Anyway, other guys that are available include O Perez, Peavy, Pierzynski, Myers, L Hernandez, Konerko, Penny, Soriano, Redman, Ponson, Durazo, Buehrle, Kolb, Padilla. Pretty average for the 9th round I think. Most of the names on this list I figured would go a little later.
JRM4833
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:06 pm

I just wasnt sure whether I should settle for one of the lower level 2B/C available or go for the pitcher who would give me more but leave me searching in late rounds to fill those infield spots.
JRM4833
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers