ATL Closer's - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

ATL Closer's

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ATL Closer's

Postby Uncny18 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:27 pm

I have M. Gonzalez on my team now Soriano is on the WW. He said he is almost 100% and is going to return real soon should i drop Gonzalez now to get Soriano or will he remian ATL closer?
Uncny18
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ATL Closer's

Postby wildbill » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Uncny18 wrote:I have M. Gonzalez on my team now Soriano is on the WW. He said he is almost 100% and is going to return real soon should i drop Gonzalez now to get Soriano or will he remian ATL closer?

From what I've read vearious places, which I don't specifically remember, but probably yahoo, rotoworld or espn, it sounds like Soriano can't really be counted on the stay healthy. IMO since Gonzo hasn't blown any saves or shown any siginificant health issues so far and Soriano is far more of a health question mark, I think Gonzo will remain the primary closer. Soriano could gets some saves because I'm not sure if Gonzo can pitch back-to-back days yet. The Braves pen was in disarray most of the season in terms of 9th inning duties, Gonzo has pretty much stablized that so why would the shake it up at this point with a guy who could be back on the DL at any time?
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ATL Closer's

Postby nateb » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:35 pm

I would keep MGonz. He's a done a good job of closing and has good ERA/WHIP/K to go along with it.

Now if you could drop another unused bench player for Soriano that would probably be a good gamble.
nateb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Injuries & Player Updates