All Star week should NOT count in H2H - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

All Star week should NOT count in H2H

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: All Star week should NOT count in H2H

Postby Ursa » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:39 pm

Ursa wrote:My opponent today has got a hold and a SB, so he'll win both those 1-0. I'm going to lose this week 9-3 or worse thanks to a slow batting start - which I was rapidly catching up on - and am now completely doomed for the year. Yes, the ASB week sucks.

Football season started today.

FWIW, a miracle occurred - my opponent had Lyons, whose monumental ERA and WHIP gave me those two cats for a 7-4 defeat instead of the 9-3 or worse I was expecting. ;-D

Oh yeah - in 2007 I took advantage of the ASB week with a thumping 11-1 win that took me deep into the playoff places on the way to winning the title. I guess it all evens out over time.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ataraxia » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:14 pm

Don't complain about the All-Star week. H2H is a fickle fantasy system anyway; the shorter week just happens to pronounce that.
Absolute thanks to soty for the sig.
ataraxia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby woodson_28 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:17 pm

ya, stupid AS week, I went 1-13 in my league and dropped from 1st place to 3rd. The only category I won was IP in which I had 38.2 and my opponent had 38.1.

I'm not very happy.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby duckmonkey » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:22 am

WAAAAAAAAAAAA.

They play games, so do we.

You also want to throw out any week with a holiday?

Let's throw out Thursdays since a lot of teams have off on Thursdays and we can't field full rosters.

It's part of the game. Your players can have hot and cold streaks that can carry you or sink you in any week, they're just more noticeable in the short week. But, everyone is playing with the same MLB schedule, so I see nothing unfair about it.

I won 8-3 in the short week and made my first-place lead over the rest of the field bigger, so I'm happy anyways. :)

The one thing that needs to be changed about the AS week is making the game decide home field advantage for the WS. That's a horrible idea.
duckmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers