All Star week should NOT count in H2H - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

All Star week should NOT count in H2H

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: All Star week should NOT count in H2H

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:40 pm

Well, I got thoroughly screwed. Lead is down to one game thanks to losing ERA and WHIP to the 10th place team. I'm sure he would have had that .77 WHIP for a full week though. :-t
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pangbones » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:19 am

I think the short week sucks too. Nothing we can do about it though. If someone wants to start 1 closer let them. I thought about only starting my closers this week, hoping to win L's, ERA, Whip, and Saves. I would have only won L's had I done it. As Francisco Cordero decided to get SHELLED on Thursday!! :-t Anything can happen with the short week. Sometimes you'll benefit from it, other times you won't. And I'd wager more times than not, trying to manipulate the loophole in the yahoo rules, doesn't work.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby YardBirds » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:35 am

It's not manipulation when Yahoo states clearly a week before hand that "there is no IP Min." If everyone is accorded the same opportunity to take advantage of a situation, and 1 person doesn't... you can't cry about it.
"I never used a corked bat...And if I took it to court I'd win that case." --Albert "Joey" Belle
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Minor League Skilz » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:26 pm

This is always a debate in my league.

You can never make everyone happy but I would love it if Yahoo could place the decision in our hands. Prior to the season have an option to combine the all star week with the next week.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Schwetty Balls » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:50 pm

i think the All-Star week is a travishamockey in H2H. You can't tell me that Yahoo can't pro-rate your leagues MIP for the weekend. They just don't want to.

Our league has rules to restrict this type of behavior in normal weeks. But this week Yahoo refuses to enforce the rules of our league. Does that make it ok to break the rules simply because you know they will not be enforced? So 24 of 25 weeks we all play nice, this one week all heck breaks loose as teams exploit the lack of rule enforcement by Yahoo.

Yahoo gives you season schedule options in Football, why could they not offer something similar in Baseball? Roll this week into another and have the championship be 1 week instead of 2. Who would complain about that?

Thumbs down Yahoo :-t
Schwetty Balls
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby urbanbreez » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:00 pm

For every single person "upset" about the short week, there is someone like me, fortunate to leap-frog the 2nd place team I was playing against after pulling a 9-3 victory out. Variety is the spice of life my friends, embrace it. ;-D
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:34 pm

My league skipped the All-Star week and held our own version of an All-Star game (we're set up with divisions).

It's the best change we've made to the league since we started it 4 years ago. ;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby NorthSider2 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:56 pm

We had to go through with it on ESPN. My matchup was so close that he won with the 3 pt home field advantage :-t !+)
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mrkrab2003 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:11 pm

jdsun1 wrote:I totally agree and I am in fact strongly opposed to H2H leagues in general. Way too much luck involved in H2H. I have seen numerous teams that were stacked still not make the playoffs because they just have incredibly bad match up luck.

this does tend to occur sometimes especially in small leagues. I have commissioned a 20 team 30 man roster league for 3 yrs now and the better team usually wins most of the time, just like in real baseball. Roto is just too much of a math formula, while fun but its a completely different beast. H2h imo is far more exciting. but if i were ever to play for big $$ I would go roto.

Too bad someone hasn't found a way to mix the 2 formats.
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mrkrab2003 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:21 pm

Schwetty Balls wrote:i think the All-Star week is a travishamockey in H2H. You can't tell me that Yahoo can't pro-rate your leagues MIP for the weekend. They just don't want to.

Our league has rules to restrict this type of behavior in normal weeks. But this week Yahoo refuses to enforce the rules of our league. Does that make it ok to break the rules simply because you know they will not be enforced? So 24 of 25 weeks we all play nice, this one week all heck breaks loose as teams exploit the lack of rule enforcement by Yahoo.

Yahoo gives you season schedule options in Football, why could they not offer something similar in Baseball? Roll this week into another and have the championship be 1 week instead of 2. Who would complain about that?

Thumbs down Yahoo :-t

amen! I have been using yahoo for yrs and have given them over 1000 for plus leagues, but over the yrs I have not seen drastic upgrades on the site. There is so much more they could offer to make these leagues more enjoyable. We need to have league chat rooms so we can get some true interaction going and trading would be a lot easier. Also I would like to be able to customized the playoff schedule. I would like to have a few less regular season games and increased the playoffs to 2 week match ups.

Also I would like to see them add year round league for plus leagues. I paid 130 bucks for the league why cant I run my dynasty yr round with it?

I really hope we see some upgrades next yr, because I don't want to switch!
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers