The Dark Knight(SPOILERS VERSION) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Dark Knight(SPOILERS VERSION)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Dark Knight(SPOILERS VERSION)

Postby Metroid » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:06 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:Angelina Jolie as Catwoman... :-t

I wouldn't mind it one bit. ;-D

Me neither.

I can dig it. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:44 pm

I really never liked the Catwoman. I hope they don't use her.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:21 pm

Riddler would be the best villain to do without question considering the nature of Nolan's realistic portrayal of the Batman universe. Riddler could be such a great character considering the kind of psychological mind game he could play, as well as not relying on any sort of CGI to portray him(ie. Clayface). However he would have to be played by someone who could really do a great job, as anything short of a very good performance I think would ruin the greatness that is the Riddler.

And no don't say DDL, not cause he couldn't be awesome as the Riddler(he could be awesome as anything, especially an ego ridden villain), but because no chance in hell does he play him. Look at his roles in the past, understand how HE picks his movies, realize him in a Batman movie is impossible.
Last edited by TheA'sFatLeadoffMan on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jlm53089 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:22 pm

I honestly hope they go the Riddler/Joker/Bane route over some hot chick acting like a cat.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Pablo975 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:52 am

Haven't posted in awhile, but had to drop my .02 in as I'm a huge Batnerd.

The next films should proceed as follows:

Batman 3: This is just my crazy idea that I think would be cool: The best comic films are directly stolen from the best comic arcs. Comics are just movie storyboards with word balloons. They should modify the DC/Burton/Nolan universes by having 3 bring back the Riddler.....but with Jim Carrey returning as Riddler. That's right. I said it. Carrey has grown immensely as an actor since his first turn as Riddler. A darker, Heath-esque Riddler might just kick butt and Carrey could do it. Also, and I NEVER thought I'd say this, bring in Robin. They could use backstory to explain Wayne's desire to help this poor child who has no one left, etc, etc, so the movie isn't bogged down by the character, and then, in the first 1/4 of the flick BAM!, we dive into the classic DEATH IN THE FAMILY arc, but this time it's Riddler's new jacked up henchman Bane, who offs Robin with a crowbar. Insert a Superman/Clark cameo (Worlds Finest and/or Justice League should have come out by then) where Supes reinforces to an enraged Bats that he cannot kill them for their crimes, follow the rules, try to fit in, do what the government would like you to do, etc, etc, (anyone see where I'm headed?). Bats spits on him and disappears. We end on a real dark note.....

Batman 4: Knightfall arc. Batman vs. Bane. Bane wins by breaking Bruce's spine. Just leave out the Azreal part, introduce Catwoman as the love interest and more of a troublemaker and less villian or hero as she's always painted, weave in a cameo return by Liam Neeson, Bruce heals in the Lazarus Pits, comes back, thrashes Bane, the end.

Batman 5: The Dark Knight Returns. A 60+ year old Batman doing it one last time. Frank Miller all the way. Do it SIN CITY style and almost just animate the comic panel for panel. Catwoman in her Wonder Woman whore gear and all. Hopefully, by this time, someone could attempt to step into the Joker role for the critical smaller part he has. And go ALL out for the final throwdown between Bats & you know who.....

Stop. Pass legislation banning any further filming of Batman movies forever (animated not included).

Yeah, I'm THAT geek. :)

To those who have missed some of these arcs, do yourself a real favor and go track down a copy. You won't regret it.

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jlm53089 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:29 am

Pablo is loco...

But on topic, I think a great Riddler, if not Reese would be....
Jonny Depp, think about it he is an awesome actor and I could easily see him in a role like that.
and have Bane as a henchmen.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:17 am

Carey is horrible. He is a terrible actor and he doesn't deserve to be in a serious film. I would not pay to see Batman 3 with Jim Carey in it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Inukchuk » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:59 am

So Pablo wants Jim Carrey and Robin back. I suppose you want nipples on the bat costume, too. I have a sneaking suspicion that Pablo is actually Joel Schumacher...

Also, how do you do Knightfall without Azrael? I'm not sold...

I do like the DK Returns somewhere down the line, but only if it's done right, and not necessarily Sin City style. No need to crap on a classic, you know? I'm already nervous about Watchmen...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Pablo975 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:29 pm

Ummm, read what I wrote closely. Schumaker sucked. I like the idea of Carrey playing a darker Riddler and Riddler should be played with a certain amount of silliness as the character himself is kinda silly. And bring Robin in, maybe not even in costume...just allude to him being Robin....and then BAM! kill him off really early into the flick so he's out of the way and the film can focus on Batmans vengeance.

And do Knightfall with some random dudes trying to be Bats, like in TDK. Everyday losers who are trying to fill the void Bats' injury causes.

And yeah I would trust no one but Frank Miller and Nolan to tackle TDKR. It would be risky, but if done right, the payoff would be incredible.

But I do like nipples.....just on the ladies and not on costumes. :-D

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Inukchuk » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:11 pm

Pablo975 wrote:Ummm, read what I wrote closely. Schumaker sucked. I like the idea of Carrey playing a darker Riddler and Riddler should be played with a certain amount of silliness as the character himself is kinda silly.

I'm really opening up to some mockery here, but here we go. Riddler has not been a silly guy for some time. Initially he was (like most villains of the time), but he has been more recently portrayed as a psychotic mastermind (check out "Hush"...good stuff). I think a lot of people see the original costume or Batman Forever version, and they think Riddler is a goofy guy. He's actually a really intelligent guy capable of causing a lot of cat and mouse grief with Batman. As accomplished as Batman is with figuring out puzzles, the Riddler is as good at creating them.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk