The Dark Knight(SPOILERS VERSION) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Dark Knight(SPOILERS VERSION)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Dark Knight(SPOILERS VERSION)

Postby Inukchuk » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:56 pm

JTWood wrote:I mean, they haven't even began to brush the fact that he is the guy that killed Wayne's parents. That's half a movie by itself.

Sorry to quote this much later, but I just saw the movie yesterday. I thought it was amazing, even the cheesy parts. How could you not love the Zeus cameo?

Anyway, the whole "Joker killing Wayne's parents" thing never happened. It was put into the original Batman, but doesn't fit into the comic continuity. Also, wasn't Joe Chill established as the killer in Batman Begins?

Anyhoo, the one guy that's being forgotten as a possible future villain is Bane. I think it'd be a nice switch from the mental villains to one that provides Bats a more physical challenge. The guy's a roided out monster (no CGI required). And just think, Barry Bonds might actually get some work out of the deal. :-D

I know he seems kind of one dimensional, but if you've never read Batman: Knightfall, check it out. It's definitely one of my favorite Batman story arcs...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby great gretzky » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:12 pm

I thought the boat thing was a tad overdone. But I think the criminal realized that joker can't be trusted, and it would just as soon result in them blowing up their own boat as anything else.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:09 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
No Harley Quinn huh? Interesting....

Because Harley is a Joker sidekick, and Ledger's death eliminates any chance Joker will be re-cast, she's really not much of an option for the next Batman. They wouldn't dare re-cast Joker after Ledger's tremendous performance and untimely passing. With no Joker, you really can't have Quinn.
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bceagles04 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:12 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
JTWood wrote:I mean, they haven't even began to brush the fact that he is the guy that killed Wayne's parents. That's half a movie by itself.

Sorry to quote this much later, but I just saw the movie yesterday. I thought it was amazing, even the cheesy parts. How could you not love the Zeus cameo?

Anyway, the whole "Joker killing Wayne's parents" thing never happened. It was put into the original Batman, but doesn't fit into the comic continuity. Also, wasn't Joe Chill established as the killer in Batman Begins?

Anyhoo, the one guy that's being forgotten as a possible future villain is Bane. I think it'd be a nice switch from the mental villains to one that provides Bats a more physical challenge. The guy's a roided out monster (no CGI required). And just think, Barry Bonds might actually get some work out of the deal. :-D

I know he seems kind of one dimensional, but if you've never read Batman: Knightfall, check it out. It's definitely one of my favorite Batman story arcs...

Bane, while cool, would be extremely one dimensional. I don't think he could keep an audience interested for 2 hours as the main villain.
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jlm53089 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:54 pm

bceagles04 wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:

Bane, while cool, would be extremely one dimensional. I don't think he could keep an audience interested for 2 hours as the main villain.

Riddler>Bane

People want mind games and dialouge, not a crazy jacked guy throwing him through walls.
But they would do a double and make a Riddler and Bane movie,
sort of like...
Reese recruits Bane for a super solider syrum to take down Wayne Enterprise to help him hold off Batman while he gets his money through WE.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Yoda » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:08 pm

A psychological thriller about the Riddler or the Mad Hatter would be awesome for the third installment.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bceagles04 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:51 pm

Yoda wrote:A psychological thriller about the Riddler or the Mad Hatter would be awesome for the third installment.

Agreed. And I like Jim's idea...coupling Bane and Riddler would be great. Awesome combination of Brain and Brawn. Could be real cool.
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JTWood » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:19 pm

So the Joker didn't kill Bruce's parents???

edit: well, I'll be dipped :-?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby mweir145 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:43 pm

JTWood wrote:So the Joker didn't kill Bruce's parents???

edit: well, I'll be dipped :-?

Batman Begins has scenes of Joe Chill killing Bruce's parents, his parole hearing years later, and then his shooting at the hands of one of Falcone's henchman before Bruce could do it himself.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby sblinyy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:07 am

I thought it was kind of stupid how batman placed a microphone/sonar device in every person's phone. I know they used this to find the location of the joker, but there had to have been a better way to locate the joker. That part just seems way to unbelievable to me.

Thanks to abrage22 for the sweet sig!
sblinyy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk