The Dark Knight(SPOILERS VERSION) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Dark Knight(SPOILERS VERSION)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Dark Knight(SPOILERS VERSION)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:20 pm

JTWood wrote:They left themselves an out with Scarecrow. I expect to see him back now.

I hope not. How cool could Riddler be, if done right, though? A criminal mastermind, who can rival Bruce intellectually and manipulate others in a way similar to Jigsaw from the Saw series? I think it could fit in with what they've built in the first 2 films.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:49 pm

I posted this on the other DK forum, but what about Clayface? He's one of Batman's oldest villains and is capable of causing some ruckus.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:52 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:I posted this on the other DK forum, but what about Clayface? He's one of Batman's oldest villains and is capable of causing some ruckus.

I just can't see him fighting any mutant/monster-type villains in this new series. They seem to be going for as real as possible.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby nsulham » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:10 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:I posted this on the other DK forum, but what about Clayface? He's one of Batman's oldest villains and is capable of causing some ruckus.

I just can't see him fighting any mutant/monster-type villains in this new series. They seem to be going for as real as possible.

Then they don't leave themselves too much room. People forget that although they're going to need a new villain, they're also going to need a new female lead/love interest. Therefore Catwoman cannot be completely ruled out. May not happen but you can't dismiss it out of hand.

Some other villains not mentioned they could do are Killer Croc and Mad Hatter. Killer Croc would be tough to do if you want to base it in realism and get away from the CGI stuff, although if you had him in the movie where he's not fully transformed but definitely lizard-like that might work. And Mad Hatter would go hand-in-hand with Riddler as a more mental than physical foe for Bats, although he'd have to be with another villain as I don't think Hatter himself is a strong enough character to be the main guy.

Just a thought but what about Harley Quinn as a villain/female lead? Joker is (assumed) locked up in Arkham, she's the psychiatrist but he gets to her and brainwashes her and she picks up where Joker left off on the outside. If you want the Joker character to end with Ledger, fine, don't show the Joker on-screen and instead just have Quinn as the focus but let is be known he's manipulating her and gradually through the first half the movie you can see her mind being shaped by him. Just a thought anyway.

Definitely curious to see where they go from here as far as villains and stuff.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:38 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

Meh. They could do a lot to avoid the mutant angle. He's a pretty complex character, not to mention his ability to shape-shift is his primary resource.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:39 pm

nsulham wrote:
Just a thought but what about Harley Quinn as a villain/female lead? Joker is (assumed) locked up in Arkham, she's the psychiatrist but he gets to her and brainwashes her and she picks up where Joker left off on the outside. If you want the Joker character to end with Ledger, fine, don't show the Joker on-screen and instead just have Quinn as the focus but let is be known he's manipulating her and gradually through the first half the movie you can see her mind being shaped by him. Just a thought anyway.

Definitely curious to see where they go from here as far as villains and stuff.

Harley Quinn is one I was thinking about too.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby j24jags » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:30 pm

JTWood wrote:I have to agree about the shame of Ledger's death. It seemed fairly obvious to me that they meant for the Joker to remain a central figure for a long time. I mean, they haven't even began to brush the fact that he is the guy that killed Wayne's parents. That's half a movie by itself. Based on Ledger's performance in this flic, we were in for something special over the next few years.

Replacing Ledger's presence in this series seems, to me, to be impossible. I'm very curious to see how they handle it going forward.

I'd be shocked if anyone could come anywhere close to "replacing Ledger" in this role. As hard as it is, the Nolan brothers may not be able to use the Joker in the next movie(s). Some people may see it as utter disrespect towards Ledger and his family (if they do replace him), which I would understand, but I can't name one actor out there right now who can perform that character like that.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jlm53089 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:43 pm

Only person i could think ever to replace Ledger would be the MAN...
Daniel Day Lewis, he just reminds me of the joker in the way he delivers in TWBB, in his tone and the way he talks without the accent and more of a crisp voice would be amazing...
Not Ledger but very good.

And here it is.. I like the point whoever made about Two Face and how dent died and two face didnt that was a very good point that I did not think about.

But the next Villian could easily be riddler...
The guy that wants to black mail wayne industries because he knows who batman is.
Bruce saves him.
He never gets to let it all out.
On the TV show the guy called him Mr. E--- Mystery
and Mr. Reese--- Mysteries.
More or less that is somewhat how the Riddler came about in the comic books so I would not be surpised if it had happen, and then you have the possibility of Two Face being like TUPAC and being a live as well as the Joker.
However the Nolan Brothers pull off the next film will most defiantly be impressive.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby nsulham » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:57 pm

I highly doubt they would make Reese the Riddler. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's the last we've heard of Reese. Yes he knew Bruce was Batman but remember Bruce saved his life by coming between the SWAT truck carrying Reese and the oncoming truck. They even had that cutaway where Bruce and Reese locked eyes and Bruce just nodded at him. So if they want the Riddler to be in the next movie fine, but it won't be Reese, not after Bruce saved his life.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jlm53089 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:01 pm

Thats the whole thing I am trying to explain..
It makes the most sense for it to happen because he saved him.
In the comic books he saves the Riddler, and it drives him nuts because even though he knows that Reese knows he still saves him.
Thats how it goes down in the comics... and it is very logical in that sense.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk