Leaving CBS after 4 years, where to go now? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Leaving CBS after 4 years, where to go now?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Leaving CBS after 4 years, where to go now?

Postby artrimbaud » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:51 pm

I've run my keeper league on CBS Sportsline since 2005. Owners have changed, rules have changed, but we remained at CBS. However, I'm starting to feel it's time to try something different.

Our rules have grown increasingly complex over the years, to the point that people don't know what they are anymore. I always get emails asking "Can we do this, can we do that?" I want to simplify the league.

So I'm thinking of switching to STATS and starting over with a new draft. We usually keep around 3-7 players, so I could keep them on the new site if need be. But I'm not sure.

Anyone have any recommendations as to where to have my league next season and for the future?

-b.
artrimbaud
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Leaving CBS after 4 years, where to go now?

Postby bpizle » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:58 pm

I've done CBS all my life. Yahoo is bad to me, ESPN is alright. MLB.com is decent. If your looking for roto leagues etc.. try posting on rotoworld or start one.
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:33 pm

I can only comment on Yahoo and Foxsports. Foxsports sucked for me last year, problems with the site all the time and it just seemed sloppy. Yahoo looks nice and it is simple. For the hardcore players who love to really tweak the league Yahoo is probably not the best option, but if you want something simple I think you will be fine with it.
JasonSeahorn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nateb » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:50 pm

Unfortunately I'm stuck doing Yahoo since that's what 95% of my league (my friends league) likes to do. We just do a redraft every year.

However, I did a football in Fanball.com last year and liked it. They also have a baseball "commissioner" program. It's $50 and you can do just about anything you want with it (rules, scoring, keeper, etc...). I've only ever done Yahoo and Fanball and I would recommend Fanball. I'm actually hoping to get a baseball league going with fanball next year myself but I'm obviously going to have to find another group besides my friends :-) . I've never done a keeper or dynasty and would love to try one.

Check out Fanball.com baseball commissioner.
nateb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Commissioner's Corner