The Dark Knight - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Dark Knight

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Dark Knight

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:47 am

jlm53089 wrote:
tuff_gong wrote:Question about the boat loads of cash this movie is making. Is it just the studios who will get it or do the actors/directors and whatnot get some as well?

I believe the studio gets it unless the actors contracts are based on ticket sales like some have been based on it the past.
but many are just included in the budget.

I think it's safe to say that Harrison Ford made a killing with his Star Wars contract. From what I understand, Ford's contract dictated that he get a percentage of the film's profits and merchandising. 8-o
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:55 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
i really loved the movie but i think the end was definitely lacking a bit with the whole ferry scene. i mean i guess they were trying to show how the joker couldn't corrupt everyone but that neither ferry would blow the other up when they were told they would both be blown up otherwise is just silly. especially when one is full of convicts (i also thought the part where the convict threw the detonator out the window was kinda cheesy

This was one of my few problems with the movie. In real life, I don't think there's any doubt the people on those boats would have detonated their bomb, probably even within a few seconds.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:09 am

JTWood wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:That was the Scarecrow in the beginning...not an imposter.

Woot. I got one right.

Wait, was there some kind of doubt that it wasn't the real Scarecrow among moviegoers? I mean it sounded like Cillian Murphy and he wasn't anywhere else in the film (and I knew they did cast him).
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby dclark0699 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:24 am

jlm53089 wrote:
tuff_gong wrote:Question about the boat loads of cash this movie is making. Is it just the studios who will get it or do the actors/directors and whatnot get some as well?

I believe the studio gets it unless the actors contracts are based on ticket sales like some have been based on it the past.

This is usually how it works. Everyone who works on it gets payed up front - and then he studio gets the money from ticket sales and such. On some rare occasions - as has been pointed out - someone working on the film will get a percentage of either the gross (Yay!) or the profit (Not as much Yay!), but that is all worked out beforehand - and those people usually don't get as much upfront.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jlm53089 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:14 pm

dclark0699 wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:

This is usually how it works. Everyone who works on it gets payed up front - and then he studio gets the money from ticket sales and such. On some rare occasions - as has been pointed out - someone working on the film will get a percentage of either the gross (Yay!) or the profit (Not as much Yay!), but that is all worked out beforehand - and those people usually don't get as much upfront.

Thats why George Lucas started his own studio so he could make all the profit from. The Toys, Videogames, Boardgames, etc..
and you know how much that is?
Alot.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby dclark0699 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:10 pm

jlm53089 wrote:Thats why George Lucas started his own studio so he could make all the profit from. The Toys, Videogames, Boardgames, etc..
and you know how much that is?
Alot.

George Lucas made a FORTUNE off merchandising from the first movie - because 20th Century Fox (Who were co-production company with LucasFilm) didn't expect Star Wars to be a very big movie, so Lucas was able to maintain all the rights to merchandising. Movie ends up being a major hit - toys and games galore.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:31 pm

Absolutely amazing. I think I'll go see it soon in the theaters for a second time. ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby NorthSider2 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:44 pm

IF they kept two-face alive. Do you think they would have made a third one to follow Begins and Dark Knight? I sure hope they would/do ;-D
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:58 pm

NorthSider2 wrote:IF they kept two-face alive. Do you think they would have made a third one to follow Begins and Dark Knight? I sure hope they would/do ;-D

I'm almost certain they'll make another one, there's so much money to be made in a sequel. They don't need Two-Face, they can just use another Batman villain.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:05 pm

Nolan is already contracted for 1 more, but he has said in interviews that it will likely be his last as he is burned out on the series.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk