The Dark Knight - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Dark Knight

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Dark Knight

Postby Yoda » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:34 pm

Wow. If you haven't already, then you have to watch this in IMAX. It is amazingly clear and you can definitely tell the difference which scenes were done in IMAX. In any case, it is a great achievement in cinema history and deserves all the accolades. I give it 9.5/10. Obviously there are a few holes in the movie which prevents it from being perfect. I'm sure I'll like it more the second time around. My wife and I picked up Batman Begins on BluRay also.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:17 pm

Yoda wrote:Wow. If you haven't already, then you have to watch this in IMAX. It is amazingly clear and you can definitely tell the difference which scenes were done in IMAX. In any case, it is a great achievement in cinema history and deserves all the accolades. I give it 9.5/10. Obviously there are a few holes in the movie which prevents it from being perfect. I'm sure I'll like it more the second time around. My wife and I picked up Batman Begins on BluRay also.

Sweet, I haven't seen it in IMAX yet but I'll try to this weekend.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Jivedude » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:12 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Yoda wrote:Wow. If you haven't already, then you have to watch this in IMAX. It is amazingly clear and you can definitely tell the difference which scenes were done in IMAX. In any case, it is a great achievement in cinema history and deserves all the accolades. I give it 9.5/10. Obviously there are a few holes in the movie which prevents it from being perfect. I'm sure I'll like it more the second time around. My wife and I picked up Batman Begins on BluRay also.

If you haven't seen the Dark Knight in IMAX, then you haven't truly seen it!
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:00 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:

Yeah you can really tell the difference. The screen goes full when it is in IMAX and it's like DVD vs BluRay IMO
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Inukchuk » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:56 pm

I don't mean to diverge too much, but what does everyone think about the Watchmen preview before the movie? It's an awesome story, and it looks like the movie could be a Sin City/300 type hit. The Smashing Pumpkins song in the background is a nice fit for the plot, too...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Previous

Return to General Talk