Bush league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bush league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bush league?

Postby shmolex » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:54 pm

So in my H2h league we use W, L, HR, K, SV, ERA, WHIP, and K/9 as the stats for pitchers. Because it's a short week, there's no minimum inning requirement, so I just need 1 pitching appearance. Fuentes just pitched me a perfect inning, striking out the side. My opponent had Peavy going today giving up 4 HR and picking up the loss.

So now I'm seriously considering benching all my pitchers for the rest of the week. I'll automatically win 5/8 categories, but I feel kinda cheap doing it. The other manager is kind of a douchebag and hates me anyway so I'm leaning towards doing it.
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bush league?

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:00 am

If he is a douchebag, you should try to win all 8 categories!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby deutschland » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:59 am

as long as it's within the rules of your league, i.e., no minimum requirements, i see nothing wrong with that nor would I be upset if someone employed that tactic against me. you're trying to win more categories than your opponent and how you decide to manage to do that is up to you. the nature of h2h leagues lends itself to these types of moves.
deutschland
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:01 am

its a perfectly fine move but if you're only winning 5/8 categories whats the point? its only 1 category above .500. if you had the opportunity to win 6 or 7 categories i would say go for it, but i would try to win more. especially given this is a short week and him already having a bad start, you should be able to win some more.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers