moral dilemma - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

moral dilemma

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: moral dilemma

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:20 pm

urbanbreez wrote:Yoda's just trying to be a modern day Robin Hood. Should have walked out and gave the chicken (why the he77 are you buying chicken at a grocery store?) to the first homeless person you saw.

I don't mind the fried chicken at some of the grocery stores around here.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ChipaDub » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:22 pm

Darwinism. If the store is so inept to hire employees who will not charge cusotmers for what they attempt to buy, you deserved that money more than they did.
Last edited by ChipaDub on Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChipaDub
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:24 pm

Well, any fried chicken is good right out of the fryer. I could anticipating Vons being on par with Albertson's, being decent in flavor in all, but nothing really special. Then again, I guess I'm a bit spoiled because there's a fantastic Chinese poultry deli near my house that makes excellent Cantonese chicken and roast duck. I also head down to Popeye's every now and then.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:28 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:First off, grocery store fried chicken is lousy for the most part. I'm talking about Albertson's and K-Mart, pretty darn horrible. I haven't had any of that for eons and I've never bought fried chicken from a grocery store ever.

Hold up....you buy fried chicken from K-Mart :-P And when did K-Mart become a grocery store? :-? There hasn't been one in my area for 8-10 years.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:38 pm

Amazinz wrote:It doesn't matter whether you believe in God, aliens, or the uni-mind. Karma is a bitch. Do onto others and all that good stuff. :-)

Exactly!!!!!

That's why you say nothing and take home the free chicken karma has rewarded you with! :-B

On a serious not I would alert the clerk, fried chicken isn't worth enough to eat at my conscious.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Polar Bear » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:06 pm

Super K has a grocery store in it. I haven't seen one in awhile, but I'm sure its there.

Dude...why are you buying chicken from a grocery store? That stuff has been sitting there for 5 days.

If you noticed it and said something it would have made you feel good inside I guess.
Polar Bear
College Coach
College Coach

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:51 pm

I guess it depends on my mood, and perhaps the setting. Here are two examples:

I forgot some small thing in my grocery cart once and found it when I was putting my bags in after having already paid. I immediately told the guy (the asst. manager) who said to "Go ahead." He said I spend enough money at that store that this one thing wouldn't hurt. So there I paid in full.

A few months ago I was doing a mock draft over on the Football side, and I hit Submit on a pick. About two seconds after hitting the button I realized I should have done something else, and since nobody had been in the thread (it was later at night or something) I redid the pick. Of course, there are people who have picks emailed to them so this was discovered, and some people were pretty pissed. At the moment it seemed like a little thing, but it turned out to be pretty big, and people left the mock because of it.

In the grocery store setting, I would never have intentionally walked out without paying for something. In the mock draft setting, I thought it would be OK to redo a pick I screwed up. Two similar situations, two different results.

Interesting question.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:11 pm

If it were a one-time grocery store thing, I would most likely alert the clerk, if I were in the moral mood that I am usually in.

HOWEVER, in college, we were continually screwed by our cafeteria service. We found out we were charged differently for the same orders, and overall we were nailed for our food (which they pretty much had a monopoly over). So we would come up with tricks to get things by the cashiers. We wouldn't pocket stuff -- nothing that would be outright obvious stealing. We'd do things like put milk in our cereal just to the point where you couldn't see it in the bowl, and then fill up a cup of milk and tell em' that that was for the cereal so they wouldn't charge you for it.

Otherwise, yeah, be a good dude.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:25 pm

bigken117 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:First off, grocery store fried chicken is lousy for the most part. I'm talking about Albertson's and K-Mart, pretty darn horrible. I haven't had any of that for eons and I've never bought fried chicken from a grocery store ever.

Hold up....you buy fried chicken from K-Mart :-P And when did K-Mart become a grocery store? :-? There hasn't been one in my area for 8-10 years.

When I was a teenager, a K-Mart opened up in my neighborhood. Prior to that, my family and I had never stepped foot in a K-Mart, let alone a Super K with produce section, full service deli, just like any old supermarket chain. The novelty wore off after a month or two since it opened and I think one part of it had to do with K-Mart's lemon pepper fried chicken being so bad. I mean, at least Albertson's doesn't do anything experimental with their chicken. Never had it again and I haven't been to a K-Mart or any one-stop shop supermarket in forever.
Last edited by The Artful Dodger on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:27 pm

You win some, you lose some.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)