Cruefest - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Cruefest

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cruefest

Postby RugbyD » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:02 am

Playing a killer 90-minute set - awesome

Spending 10 minutes after that closing with "Home Sweet Home" - the most anti-climactic thing they could do
Last edited by RugbyD on Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Re: Cruefest

Postby zepfan » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:11 pm

I agree. I went to a concert a couple years ago in Hamilton and they closed with that one too. I think they want people to know they're done rocking for the night and it's time to go home now. Like when you close out a bar and they turn on the lights and start playing some boring tear in your beer music.
Image

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 1990
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 29 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cruefest

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:23 pm

Any Crue concert where Vince Neil actually remembers the lyrics to a song is a rarity. Easily one of the worst live bands I've ever seen and they're one of my favorite rock groups. The reason they have dwarves running around on fire with chicks in cages on their stage is because they can't play for crap. I just can't fathom the idea that thousands of screaming fans know every lyric to songs he penned, yet he can't remember half the lyrics to Shout at the Devil. :-B
Image
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Posts: 1785
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Here, there and everywhere

Re: Cruefest

Postby RugbyD » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:32 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Any Crue concert where Vince Neil actually remembers the lyrics to a song is a rarity. Easily one of the worst live bands I've ever seen and they're one of my favorite rock groups. The reason they have dwarves running around on fire with chicks in cages on their stage is because they can't play for crap. I just can't fathom the idea that thousands of screaming fans know every lyric to songs he penned, yet he can't remember half the lyrics to Shout at the Devil. :-B

they appear to have their stuff together for this tour
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Re: Cruefest

Postby Yoda » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:36 pm

Never been to one of these glam rock concerts. I'm sure the crowd isn't very pretty.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Cruefest

Postby RugbyD » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:48 pm

Yoda wrote:Never been to one of these glam rock concerts. I'm sure the crowd isn't very pretty.

most of it isn't but holy shmeirgerkhbgebdrgkrn there is some insane tail there if you look hard enough.

Tommy Lee does a titty cam in the middle of the set. niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Re: Cruefest

Postby Yoda » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:44 am

RugbyD wrote:
Yoda wrote:Never been to one of these glam rock concerts. I'm sure the crowd isn't very pretty.

most of it isn't but holy shmeirgerkhbgebdrgkrn there is some insane tail there if you look hard enough.

Tommy Lee does a titty cam in the middle of the set. niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!


Are the ta tas 30 or 40 yo that used to listen to the Crue in the 80s? If so then I'm not interested. :-P
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Cruefest

Postby RugbyD » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:55 am

Yoda wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
Yoda wrote:Never been to one of these glam rock concerts. I'm sure the crowd isn't very pretty.

most of it isn't but holy shmeirgerkhbgebdrgkrn there is some insane tail there if you look hard enough.

Tommy Lee does a titty cam in the middle of the set. niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!


Are the ta tas 30 or 40 yo that used to listen to the Crue in the 80s? If so then I'm not interested. :-P

no, it was plenty good ;-D
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly


Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact