So i'm having surgury.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

So i'm having surgury....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: So i'm having surgury....

Postby jmudukes2008 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:33 am

DbacksRback wrote:just had it done today getting drugged up was fun but not it sucks typing hurts :-t time to watch a lot of movies :-)

Good stuff, was it outpatient? And you are gonna know more movie/tv trivia by the end of the week then anyone in the world. I was stuck in a hospital room at the UMinn medical center for a month straight...needless to say I think I've seen every episode of every show on TBS' Breakroom.

Who do you pitch for? I caught for James Madison 3 weeks during my freshman year of college, then quit after I had walked on because I someone walked onto the football team that had just won the national championship the year before. I shoulda stuck with baseball, ended up quitting football five days later and Spanky wouldn't let me back on the team. Although they were bad decisions, everything turned out alright, because my innate desire to hit people made me try out for rugby, which I'm going into my 7th semester playing...I guess everything really does happen for a reason.

July 4th, 4:51 pm: Big Pelf is going to be an all out star...Pick him up before someone else does.
jmudukes2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:08 pm

Yea as soon as i felt good I was able to leave. Ive been sleeping like all day and when im awake i watch movies 8-o . I pitch for a D2 school in central PA called shippensburg. Went to the d2 college world series and came in 5th...such a good experince ;-D

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby jmudukes2008 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:22 am

yea bro i've been to ship, my cousin goes there...you know a girl named cynthia?

July 4th, 4:51 pm: Big Pelf is going to be an all out star...Pick him up before someone else does.
jmudukes2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:39 am

haha na man i dont sorry. Today was the day i got to take off the bandages it looked ok i guess it was inflamed and brused but now the fun part starts soon....rehab ;-D %-6

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jmudukes2008 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:49 am

DbacksRback wrote:haha na man i dont sorry. Today was the day i got to take off the bandages it looked ok i guess it was inflamed and brused but now the fun part starts soon....rehab ;-D %-6

well g luck bro. Are you trying to pitch again or did this end your collegiate career? They kept tellin me after I got my surgery that i'd never play rugby again cause i'd be too frail...which sucked to hear cause i'm going abroad in a month to florence, italy and then coming back to james madison next spring which is where i play. But I kept working out and doing all that bs, and everything healed up mad quick, so lo and behold I got cleared to play again. I know your elbow is a key component in pitching, but keep at it cause you never know what'll happen. And yeah my cousin was in some sorority with her roomate katie...i think it was a pretty slutty (can i write that here or is a mod gonna edit it...i honestly don't know) sorority they were in, cause everytime i went down there, their fellow sorority girls were more then willing to give me a warm welcome...everytime haha.
and yo hit me up on facebook...chris 'dalton' mcgowan at jmu and maybe you'll recognize one of em cause they're my friends...that'd be mad funny if you've seen em.

jmudukes2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:22 am

haha ok sounds good man. Its not going to end baseball but hopefully make it better, I start a throwing program in 8 weeks and i think they said the full rcovery is 3-4 months. I think im going through exacly what CJ Wilson on the rangers is, I read an article and our options were the same 8-o crazy

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DbacksRback » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:13 am

Ive been outta surgery 2 weeks now ive been to a few rehab sessions. I still cant make my arm all the way straight or reach behind my head. does anyone know how long for full extension takes usually? i think im missing like 27 degrees extended. I got the stiches removed and it just looks like scars now. All thats left now is internal healing :-°The worst part is at PT when i bend my arm as far as i can and they force it a few extra degrees to stretch it out more %-6 so much pain but it does seem to be adding movement

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:47 am

DbacksRback wrote:Ive been outta surgery 2 weeks now ive been to a few rehab sessions. I still cant make my arm all the way straight or reach behind my head. does anyone know how long for full extension takes usually? i think im missing like 27 degrees extended. I got the stiches removed and it just looks like scars now. All thats left now is internal healing :-°The worst part is at PT when i bend my arm as far as i can and they force it a few extra degrees to stretch it out more %-6 so much pain but it does seem to be adding movement

It's going to take you probably 6 - 8 weeks to have full range of motion, and even then, it may be with pain. When they are forcing it degrees at PT, that is definitely the best thing for it, despite it being excruciating. With all my sports related injuries in high school and college, I've found that physical therapists are the truth. When they tell you you'll be on the field again by a certain date, or give you other various timetables, they are generally spot on, and despite each session being more painful than the last, it is definitely good for your arm.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Previous

Return to General Talk