Figgins? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Figgins?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Figgins?

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:47 am

I know he is visiting his father but he has been terrible %-6 Im almost tempted to drop him for alexi ramirez....what do you see of him in the second half. I get him very late but i am still not happy with this

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Figgins?

Postby knuckler » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:05 am

DbacksRback wrote:I know he is visiting his father but he has been terrible %-6 Im almost tempted to drop him for alexi ramirez....what do you see of him in the second half. I get him very late but i am still not happy with this

i really like figgy and am actually going after him in a keeper league. he is too good to not turn things around. personal issues sometimes turn a players game around, he might come back with a ltlle something special, you never know with these types of things. post your lineup, you might have someone else worth dropping
knuckler
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Marrakesh Express » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:35 am

he'll be back just in time to help your team in the playoffs. Hold onto him if you're going to make the playoffs
Marrakesh Express
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:31 pm

im convinced 2nd half last year: .361, 3 hr, 21 sb, 32 rbi, 44 runs

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:04 pm

.275 average, and 16 SBs, I don't know anything about your league, but I'm not sure you really want to drop a player with 16 SBs. He has been pretty bad this past month, thats true. But I think that has a lot to do with his injury. He really never had his speed back, so he hasn't been comfortable stealing bases. I'm hoping this extended rest will cure his troubles, and he will come back after the break like a storm. (Of course, being a Red Sox fan, I'm hoping that storm starts after Sunday. Until then, 4 or 5 hits and a few SBs will satisfy me. Lol.)

In the meantime, I can't even figure out if he is going to be playing tomorrow night. Hes still listed in Yahoo as NA. Hes sitting on my bench for now. Heres the last players note...

STATS wrote:Jul 13 Figgins was placed on the bereavement list and has traveled to Florida to be with his father, who recently suffered a stroke, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Advice: The Angels expect Figgins to return after the All-Star break.

When after the break is hard to tell. I can understand him wanting to take some extra time to be with his father, who just had a stroke. We'll just have to wait and see. Anyone in the area who has some news, any updates would be appreciated.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mgblues » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:18 pm

My understanding is that the Angels just removed him from the bereavement list today in time to start the second half. It remains to be seen whether he'll actually return to action right away or if he will need to return to his father's side in light of the stroke. I wouldn't drop him as he has the ability to turn things around at the swing of a bat... just a matter of time.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago... we've got a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, it's dark & we're wearing sunglasses...

Hit it."
mgblues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DaShiz23 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:55 pm

DbacksRback wrote:I know he is visiting his father but he has been terrible %-6 Im almost tempted to drop him for alexi ramirez....what do you see of him in the second half. I get him very late but i am still not happy with this

Someone actuslly did drop him in one of my leagues (12 team h2h)!!!! Boy was I glad to swoop him up! ;-D
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby Leena » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:45 am

He'll be back on Friday.

He's in a slump now, but it's been bad luck since he's getting the ball in play. I think his improved hitting is legit since he's much more disciplined and draws a good amount of walks now. I'm more concerned that he's running less this year.
Leena
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates