What are you sick of hearing about/seeing - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What are you sick of hearing about/seeing

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What are you sick of hearing about/seeing

Postby Metroid » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:53 pm

I don't care about the Favre story, meaning it doesn't bother me. It's the off season for the NFL and it's the biggest story right now in football.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:11 pm

Yoda wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
curious_george_43545 wrote:I hope your kidding. 8-o

I'll believe it.

Personally, I don't know much about the Favre situation and it doesn't quite sicken me, but what would is if he winds up returning when he was so dead set on retiring anyway.

Just out of curiosity but why does it matter if he comes back? Top athletes retire and unretire all the time.

Because I'm the odd duck that doesn't think much of Brett Favre when the general public does?
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 619)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:09 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Yoda wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
I'll believe it.

Personally, I don't know much about the Favre situation and it doesn't quite sicken me, but what would is if he winds up returning when he was so dead set on retiring anyway.

Just out of curiosity but why does it matter if he comes back? Top athletes retire and unretire all the time.

Because I'm the odd duck that doesn't think much of Brett Favre when the general public does?

I guess I'm an odd duck too then. :*)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby smoovethug » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:28 pm

I'm tired of hearing about how amazing The Dark Knight is/was. Seems like everything out of everyone's mouth is OMFG did you see that movie?? You've got to see it!! BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!! No I didn't see the movie, no I don't want to see the movie. That is all.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Another Blown Save » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:50 pm

smoovethug wrote:I'm tired of hearing about how amazing The Dark Knight is/was. Seems like everything out of everyone's mouth is OMFG did you see that movie?? You've got to see it!! BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!! No I didn't see the movie, no I don't want to see the movie. That is all.

Wow, I just came to this thread to post the exact same thing, although I do plan on seeing the movie. It's just very annoying that every person I talk to ask this question.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:46 pm

smoovethug wrote:I'm tired of hearing about how amazing The Dark Knight is/was. Seems like everything out of everyone's mouth is OMFG did you see that movie?? You've got to see it!! BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!! No I didn't see the movie, no I don't want to see the movie. That is all.

I'm really quite surprised by those kinds of rave reviews from very casual fans. The Dark Knight deserves praise but it still falls flat on its face compared to what are traditionally the best movies of all time. It's a good action film but it's not as excellent as everyone tends to make it.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 619)

Postby Yoda » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:47 pm

hater... I can't wait to see it on Sunday. ;-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby smoovethug » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:45 pm

Yoda wrote:

hater... I can't wait to see it on Sunday. ;-D

Just not my cup o tea is all. I guess I was the weird kid who wasn't all that interested in comic books. Go enjoy it on Sunday and rave about it like the other sheep. ;-7 :-b

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby abrage22 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:03 am

brett favre

:-t
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)