What are you sick of hearing about/seeing - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What are you sick of hearing about/seeing

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What are you sick of hearing about/seeing

Postby Polar Bear » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:14 pm

What are some things that people in your league/cafe/friends are talking about in regards to fantasy baseball that you are sick of hearing about.

I for one am sick of hearing about David Price. I know the guy is good and may end up being the best rookie pitcher that comes up this year, but seriously he will get here when he gets here. If you are part of a yahoo league then expect a column to be dedicated to it or just pay attention at the cafe. Knowledgable people will talk about it when it happens, but the questions about it need to be toned down. Around here they have, but every week I get 3 or 4 people asking me questions about him. If you don't have a waiver priority of 1-3 then I wouldn't worry about getting him anyways.

Secondly, I'm sick of hearing about how AGon is underrated. Yes he was, in April, but after that first half every active fantasy owner knows how good he is and what type of year he is having. He will be a 1st-2nd rounder next season.

I'm sick of horrible trades. I'm a no veto unless collusion guy, but I am for vetoes when you play with a bunch of beginners. This is more my fault then it is anyone else. I just got done torching a guy who stole Han-Ram and now has an infield of Utley, Han-Ram and Atkins. I would have beat him 13-0 if it had not been for that screwjob. I seriously want to know what is going on in someone's head with some of these trades. How can they look at that trade and think, "that's a good deal." Then again that is the reason that particular owner is in the basement every single year, because he is an idiot.

I'm tired of hearing about Volquez pending explosion. He finally had a couple rough starts and people started thinking that his season was over. His last start he was back to his old self again. It is very unlikely that Volquez is going to maintain a 1.00 ERA forever.

I'm sick of streamers. I have 4 of them in a league right now and have pounded each of them. If you're going to try and cheese out a victory at least know how to draft closers or spot start the right pitchers. Or even pay attention to when I bench every starter I have to make sure I capture ERA, WHIP and SV and all the offensive stats. One guy was up on me by 50 Ks and 7 wins last week and he proceeded to start 10 pitchers the next two days. He gift wrapped me ERA after a few of my starters struggled. Even so, it is ridiculous when I see the waiver wire pilfered every morning.

I'm tired of the inactives and their same stupid little smack talk that hasn't been changed since the beginning of the season. Don't join a league if you can't stay active people!

That's all for now. I appreciate you wasting 5 or so minutes of your life reading this pointless rant, but it feels good.
Polar Bear
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What are you sick of hearing about/seeing

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:19 pm

Did you know this is the last season in Yankee Stadium and they are playing the allstar game there :-B
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:24 pm

You should see a doctor man.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:25 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Did you know this is the last season in Yankee Stadium and they are playing the allstar game there :-B

Winner.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby JimmyBaseball » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:35 pm

Did anybody her Chris Berman last night?

Can we count how many times he said:

"Back BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack Back Back BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack Back"

Otherwise I loved the HR Derby!
"When I knocked a guy down, there was no second part to the story."

~Bob Gibson
JimmyBaseball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby willy-t » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:39 pm

im fed up of hearing about Josh Hamilton's history as a junkie
willy-t
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Polar Bear » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:42 pm

JimmyBaseball wrote:Did anybody her Chris Berman last night?

Can we count how many times he said:

"Back BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack Back Back BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack BackBack Back"

Otherwise I loved the HR Derby!

LMAO
Polar Bear
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:45 pm

I am sick of hearing polar bears complaining about everything.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Old_Style » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:48 pm

I'm sick of seeing threads posted in the wrong section.
Last edited by Old_Style on Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:50 pm

Yoda wrote:I am sick of hearing polar bears complaining about everything.

You should call Cole Hamels official Polar Bear exterminator.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to General Talk