AL All Star Secret? Ichiro's Plethora of Profanity Speech! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AL All Star Secret? Ichiro's Plethora of Profanity Speech!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: AL All Star Secret? Ichiro's Plethora of Profanity Speech!

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:24 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:Ichiro has a lot of nerve. Jeter should give the speech. }:-)

It's the last All-Star Game in Yankee Stadium, so I doubt somebody from outside The Big Apple, let alone The Big Continent could possibly understand the implications that come into play here. Derek Jeter is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be, and Ichiro is a classless, arrogant punk if he thinks that it is his speeches that propel the AL to victory and not The Captain's will, determination, and pumping of the fist. I've lost all respect for Ichiro. :-t

You forgot to mention his calm eyes. :-t

If I was Jeter I'd start all my speeches as so:

"This upcoming game reminds me of the time I was banging (*INSERT UBER HOT SUPERMODEL/ACTRESS*)....."
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:02 am

acsguitar wrote:If I was Jeter I'd start all my speeches as so:

"This upcoming game reminds me of the time I was banging (*INSERT UBER HOT SUPERMODEL/ACTRESS*)....."

If I was playing the Yankees I'd start all my speeches as so:

"This upcoming game reminds me of the time Jeter was banging (*INSERT NAME OF OTHER YANKEES PLAYER*)...."
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cobra_Kai » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:57 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:LOL- Ichiro is the man.
A lot of people say he is the smartest player in the league in terms of knowledge, speaks 5 languages or something like that and can do math like no other.

I have a hard time believing he can speak 5 languages since he can't speak English very well yet. He's been in America for 8 years now and he still needs an interpreter for every interview he does.

Yeah, because it's not like there aren't tons of other languages that he could be familiar with. I mean, the guy can't even speak english - no way could he possibly know Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese, German, Mandarin, Indian, Latin, Italian...

English is known to be one of the hardest languages to master (and looking around these forums, I can see that's evident). I wouldn't be surprised if he spoke all kinds of other languages.
Cobra_Kai
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:00 pm

Cobra_Kai wrote:
jake_twothousandfive wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:LOL- Ichiro is the man.
A lot of people say he is the smartest player in the league in terms of knowledge, speaks 5 languages or something like that and can do math like no other.

I have a hard time believing he can speak 5 languages since he can't speak English very well yet. He's been in America for 8 years now and he still needs an interpreter for every interview he does.

Yeah, because it's not like there aren't tons of other languages that he could be familiar with. I mean, the guy can't even speak english - no way could he possibly know Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese, German, Mandarin, Indian, Latin, Italian...

English is known to be one of the hardest languages to master (and looking around these forums, I can see that's evident). I wouldn't be surprised if he spoke all kinds of other languages.

Actually he does speak english people. He's know master but he does speak it. Listen to his speech he gave when he broke sislers record. Not bad. He does speak english.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:57 am

shoelessjoetara wrote:You are correct that he is a whiz at math. He can multiply large numbers in his head at the drop of a hat. It is sort like rainman.

Too bad he's not a whiz with small numbers.

1+1+1+1= BALL 4
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:44 am

HOOTIE wrote:
shoelessjoetara wrote:You are correct that he is a whiz at math. He can multiply large numbers in his head at the drop of a hat. It is sort like rainman.

Too bad he's not a whiz with small numbers.

1+1+1+1= BALL 4

Thats pretty funny actually :-D
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers