First week Post all star strategy, WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

First week Post all star strategy, WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

First week Post all star strategy, WHIR

Postby tribefan08 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:39 am

i'm in a 12 team H2H yahoo league and here's the posting above the league page:

Due to the reduced number of games played during All Star week, innings-pitched requirements are waived from Monday, Jul 14 through Sunday, Jul 20. Active pitchers will be credited with all stats earned during this period regardless of total innings pitched, although at least one pitching appearance is required to win ERA and/or WHIP.

I don't know whether to start an SP or bench them and throw someone like Mariano Rivera for ONE inning or what???

our pitching stats are

W-L SHO, SV, RUNS, HR, BB, K, ERA, WHIP

by pitching NO ONE I can not win ERA OR WHIP, so that doesn't make any sense, if i throw an SP and he gives up ONE run i lose runs, walks probably, if he takes a loss i lose that point? So messed up.... why can't they just extend this week and make it a 10 day deal?

Of course i am in first with like an 8 point lead playing the second best team, so the lead it has taken me ALL YEAR too build can be erased in one week because of this stupid ruling....

any advice? WHIR
tribefan08
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: First week Post all star strategy, WHIR

Postby TDS-MN » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:48 pm

You do raise some good points. I've always played it just like a normal week, though. Never thought of benching everyone and shooting for the one good inning. I guess it kind of depends on your scoring cats, if ERA and WHIP are all you' re worried about. I think if your league score IP, K, you would stand a good chance of losing those, as well as wins, if you only pitched one RP and he put up the usual type of stats a closer will do. BUt as soon as your opponent throws a starter out there and he gets a win w/ 5 or 6 K's, you're fighting an uphill battle. . . .

I don't know. I guess I'm likely going to do as I always have, and run out whomever I think will get me numbers, and not care about the minimum innings being waived. . .
TomS.
'12 H2H season standings:
Team 1 = 140 - 118 - 12, 4 OF 12
Team 2 = 84 - 97 - 9, 6 OF 8
TDS-MN Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Re: First week Post all star strategy, WHIR

Postby sblinyy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:22 pm

tribefan08 wrote:i'm in a 12 team H2H yahoo league and here's the posting above the league page:

Due to the reduced number of games played during All Star week, innings-pitched requirements are waived from Monday, Jul 14 through Sunday, Jul 20. Active pitchers will be credited with all stats earned during this period regardless of total innings pitched, although at least one pitching appearance is required to win ERA and/or WHIP.

I don't know whether to start an SP or bench them and throw someone like Mariano Rivera for ONE inning or what???

our pitching stats are

W-L SHO, SV, RUNS, HR, BB, K, ERA, WHIP

by pitching NO ONE I can not win ERA OR WHIP, so that doesn't make any sense, if i throw an SP and he gives up ONE run i lose runs, walks probably, if he takes a loss i lose that point? So messed up.... why can't they just extend this week and make it a 10 day deal?

Of course i am in first with like an 8 point lead playing the second best team, so the lead it has taken me ALL YEAR too build can be erased in one week because of this stupid ruling....

any advice? WHIR

If you pitched rivera and you got the one good inning. You would win L, Runs, HR, BB, ERA, possibly WHIP. Correct? That's half the stats IF you get the good inning. Rivera isn't guaranteed to pitch at all. Then you are screwed and you don't win any stats. Just don't worry about it and set your lineup as normal.

Thanks to abrage22 for the sweet sig!
sblinyy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers