Whats up with him, i badly need steals and he should be back any day

any updates on Pierre?
biggamer3
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Juan Pierre

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:04 pm

Rotoworld believes he will be back on the 25th.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Postby PavanoAllstars » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:48 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:Rotoworld believes he will be back on the 25th.

Of July? wow, much earlier than expected...
For every Brett Myers there's a Nate McLouth...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GrubNasty » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:44 am

lets just hope hes still got the wheels...
GrubNasty
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby PavanoAllstars » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:50 am

yeah, if he ain't running, he's not worth too much is he?
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PavanoAllstars » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:09 pm

should be back this weekend or early next week, wonder if he'll be on the bench as Ethier has been hitting well. In a perfect world, Andruw Jones would be on the bench, Pierre would be in the line up with Ethier and Kemp.
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ZMonet » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:34 pm

I think he gets back into the lineup because he will make a much better lead off hitter than Kemp does. I agree, Andruw looks like her is about done and the Dodgers best lineup would be Kemp, Pierre, Ethier. Obviously the problem is that they have too much money tied up in Andruw.
ZMonet
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby dweenmachine » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:20 am

Once he's back, I would think that they have to put him in as a starter if he's healthy :-?

From Yahoo:
Tony Jackson, of the Los Angeles Daily News, reports Los Angeles Dodgers OF Juan Pierre (knee) will start a rehab assignment Tuesday, July 22, at Triple-A Las Vegas. Manager Joe Torre said if the rehab assignment goes well, Pierre could rejoin the Dodgers either Saturday, July 26, or Sunday, July 27.
dweenmachine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby PavanoAllstars » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:47 pm

I hope Torre does the right thing, bench Jones, have Pierre lead off and keep Kemp and Ethier in the line up...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PavanoAllstars » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:33 am

Juan Pierre needed just four games in Triple A, in 2000, to prove he was ready to play in the big leagues.

Now in his ninth season in the majors, the Los Angeles Dodgers' fleet-footed outfielder is hoping for a similar scenario to play out this week at Cashman Field.

Share & Save

What is this?

Most Popular Stories

TEAM USA'S ENGINE: Kidd still has youthful energy
DOWN TO BUSINESS: Team USA puts plan in action
Jackson's next step uncertain
Reebok tourney has no shortage of premier talent
Boise State might seek spot in league
McGee's gamble pays off
Rockets rookie Greene scores some recognition
Lakers rookie working for spot
Surf, turf a great diet at Del Mar
Silva quells concern, wins

Pierre started a rehab assignment for a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee in impressive fashion Wednesday -- going 2-for-2 with a double, a single, a walk and two runs scored in five innings in the 51s' 11-6 win over Omaha.

"Hopefully I'll be ready to go in a couple days. I don't see any signs why I wouldn't be, but I don't want to jinx myself," Pierre said before leading off and playing left field for Las Vegas. "I'm good -- good enough to play."

Barring any setbacks, Pierre is expected to play three games here before rejoining the Dodgers on Saturday.

"If he picks up 10 or 12 at-bats and his legs and knees are feeling good, I don't anticipate him being here much longer than that," 51s manager Lorenzo Bundy said. "Hopefully he gets through these three days healthy and he can get back up there and help our major league club."

Pierre is healing ahead of schedule after batting .277 with a team-best 35 stolen bases in 73 games this season with Los Angeles.

After incurring his injury during a June 29 game against the Los Angeles Angels -- when shortstop Erick Aybar landed on Pierre's lower leg as he slid headfirst into second base on an attempted steal -- Pierre was expected to miss six to eight weeks. But it's been a little more than three and he's raring to go.

"(My knee) came back a lot quicker than people thought," said Pierre, who had never before been on the disabled list. "I never hurt my knee, so I didn't know what to expect either, but every day it progressed and got better, and here we are testing it out."

After signing a five-year, $44 million contract with the Dodgers before last season, Pierre played in all 162 games last year, hit .293 and led the team with 96 runs scored, 196 hits and 64 steals -- his most since stealing 65 in 2003, when he helped the Florida Marlins win the World Series.

Pierre, who turns 31 on Aug. 14, has the most steals in the majors (417) since 2001.

The owner of four 200-hit seasons and a .300 career batting average, Pierre entered this year with the longest active consecutive games streak in baseball, at 434.

It came to an end on Opening Day, when he was benched in favor of Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier and Andruw Jones, but Pierre still prides himself on being ready to play every day.

"Because this game is played every day and it's an only-the-strong-survive kind of thing ... to be put on the DL was a real big blow," he said. "It hasn't been easy for me, but it has motivated me to get back out there."

no steals but all else seems well, hopefully he's still running when he comes back
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates