K-Rod says he will file for free agency! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

K-Rod says he will file for free agency!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

K-Rod says he will file for free agency!

Postby knuckler » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:27 am

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/ ... 4198.story

"Francisco Rodriguez said Monday that he plans to file for free agency after the season, setting the stage for one of three prominent decisions facing the Angels this winter.

Rodriguez, on pace to set the major league record for saves in a season, said he would not rule out re-signing with the Angels but would no longer consider an extension before soliciting offers from other teams."

It sounds like K-rod is finished with LAA. Who are they going to go to next??? I've been watching Jose Arredondo lately and have to say this kid does look good. Would he be worth picking up in an AL-keeper league??

thanks in advance
knuckler
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 72
Joined: 1 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: K-Rod says he will file for free agency!

Postby Surrender2theYankees » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:08 pm

Time for the Yankees to step up and give him a PHAT 7 year deal. With all these bums off the books for the Yankees this year, we need to address the pitching in the worst way.
Surrender2theYankees
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 239
Joined: 13 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: K-Rod says he will file for free agency!

Postby Montana168 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:08 pm

can't say i didn't see this coming. i picked up arredondo a couple days ago in a dynasty league because he has been so good ...planned on dropping him for another pitcher or hitter but now i will probably keep him the rest of the year now. i would say that arredondo is the front runner but i think shields might get a shot at it but because arredondo is much younger i think they'll give it to him. since i already have k-rod in my dynasty league...i would benefit tremendously if he left LA.
Image
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1458
Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: K-Rod says he will file for free agency!

Postby knuckler » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:06 am

Montana168 wrote:can't say i didn't see this coming. i picked up arredondo a couple days ago in a dynasty league because he has been so good ...planned on dropping him for another pitcher or hitter but now i will probably keep him the rest of the year now. i would say that arredondo is the front runner but i think shields might get a shot at it but because arredondo is much younger i think they'll give it to him. since i already have k-rod in my dynasty league...i would benefit tremendously if he left LA.



i am going to go after him in my al-keepers league on monday, i just hope the press doesn't blow this up!

i doubt he will end up in NY, but hey you never know...
knuckler
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 72
Joined: 1 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: K-Rod says he will file for free agency!

Postby Yoda » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:51 am

Halos will eventually sign him.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: K-Rod says he will file for free agency!

Postby wildbill » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:03 am

Surrender2theYankees wrote:Time for the Yankees to step up and give him a PHAT 7 year deal. With all these bums off the books for the Yankees this year, we need to address the pitching in the worst way.

Never going to happen. The Stankees alreary have Rivera signed for more seasons and I just don't see F-Rod signing anywhere as a setup man. Now maybe if the Stankees are willing to pay him more then Rivera, which is what he should get on the open market, he'd consider it. However, it makes no sense to give a non-closer that kind of money.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 838
Joined: 7 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: K-Rod says he will file for free agency!

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:20 pm

wildbill wrote:
Surrender2theYankees wrote:Time for the Yankees to step up and give him a PHAT 7 year deal. With all these bums off the books for the Yankees this year, we need to address the pitching in the worst way.

Never going to happen. The Stankees alreary have Rivera signed for more seasons and I just don't see F-Rod signing anywhere as a setup man. Now maybe if the Stankees are willing to pay him more then Rivera, which is what he should get on the open market, he'd consider it. However, it makes no sense to give a non-closer that kind of money.

Yeah, no way the Yankees sign him.
Image
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3403
Joined: 8 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Newyorkachusetts


Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: joiingds and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Apr. 18
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(2:20 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Miami at Miami
(7:08 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Seattle
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact